Pop Chips, has anyone tried them?

• I got a coupon for some pop chips, however, I live on the East coast and they do not sell them here yet? I was thinking of getting some bags from Amazon.com, but I want to know what people felt about them? Has anyone tried them? Any flavors you like? Just looking for a new snack and this one happened to catch my eye.

Thanx
  • Well I haven't tried them, but Hungrygirl.com raves about them.
  • The only problem I have with snacks like this is that they are usually more expensive and generally not much lighter in calories. If you can keep yourself to a small serving I suppose that's fine. However, I just looked at the chips in our cupboard (not mine)

1oz - 153 calories (2g protein, 15g carbs, 1g fiber, 9g fat)

Pop chips - 1oz - 120 calories (1g protein, 20g carbs, 1g fiber, 4g fat)

So, you're exchanging basically fat for carbs and a few less calories. The only really good thing is that I see they sell them in 1oz packages which will help with portion control.
  • That's were I got the idea, hungrygirl's daily email. I like a lot of stuff they recommend, but I was curious what other people thought
  • I love hungrygirl too. You said you are from the east coast. Have you been able to find Tofu Shirataki? I've tried Trader Joes and they don't carry them.
  • We just got a whole food about 6 months ago in the area and I believe they carry it there. I have in the past 2 weeks gotten into HG, so I am slowly changing over to her food suggestions and I am a firm believer in eating what is in the house before I buy new, so I have some pasta to get rid of first. I believe the Tofu Shirataki website that HG references has a store locater for their products.
  • I'd be interested in knowing how others feel about Shirataki noodles. My neighbor tried them and didn't care for them.
  • Quote: I'd be interested in knowing how others feel about Shirataki noodles. My neighbor tried them and didn't care for them.
    I don't think that they're bad, but they're definitely different. You can't eat them and think "Wow, this is like regular pasta!" - the texture is too...bouncy. Personally, I just use whole-wheat pasta - more fiber at a fraction of the cost.
  • Quote: I don't think that they're bad, but they're definitely different. You can't eat them and think "Wow, this is like regular pasta!" - the texture is too...bouncy.
    I think of it like eating rubber bands.

That being said. The thinner ones are better. I tried the thicker ones and wasn't crazy about them but don't mind the spaghetti ones. At $2.50 a package they are expensive but much cheaper then eating out. I do think they are worth it though. A whole bag is only 40 calories and 0 weight watchers points. I usually mix in a bunch of veggies, shrimp and make the HG alfredo. However, I do find that a couple hours later I am hungry. I haven't tried any of the other recipes from the book with them yet.