Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 09-04-2008, 03:40 PM   #1  

Default Just "discovered" spaghetti squash

I cooked my first spaghetti squash last night. I pierced it several times, then stuck it whole in the microwave for about 10 minutes. No cutting it in half, no water, just the squash on a plate in the oven. It came out great, and was easy to cut in half when it was done and soft.

First time I ever tried using one instead of pasta. I made a tomato sauce with some chopped up leftover turkey (cause I'm cheap that way), and ate it with a bit of grated cheese. I was surprised how much I liked it. No, it didn't taste like pasta to me. But it went well with the sauce, which stayed on it like a topping much better than I would have guess.

Will definately be doing this again. Soon and often. I have a new favorite diet food!
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 04:32 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 221.8/221.8/160

Height: 5'3

I just tried spaghetti squash for the first time about a month ago and liked it. I have to say that pasta is much better then the squash, but it is a nice alternative if you don't want all the bad stuff.
scarahjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 04:46 PM   #3  
In love with...THE GYM!!

S/C/G: 243/213/150

Height: 5'8"

We tried spaghetti squash too for the "first time" (it's been since we were kids, so I know I've had it, but I don't remember it) and it was pretty good. Definately a different taste than pasta, but good. It was nice to eat a little bit more of that and not feel guilty.
julie99s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 04:53 PM   #4  
pretty.nerd.girl.

S/C/G: 9999999

That sounds really good. Im gonna try it soon.
Tamara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 01:53 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 217/tick/160

Height: 5'5

It's been awhile since I've done much with squash, I need to get back on that train. I have tried spaghetti squash lasagna with ricotta cheese and spaghetti sauce that was pretty good. I wonder how it woul dbe with just some butter spray, salt & pepper... maybe I'll give it a try soon. I also really like acorn squash but I like ti best with a ton of butter and brown sugar so I am trying to stay away from that.
peachcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 02:42 PM   #6  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachcake View Post
It's been awhile since I've done much with squash, I need to get back on that train. I have tried spaghetti squash lasagna with ricotta cheese and spaghetti sauce that was pretty good. I wonder how it woul dbe with just some butter spray, salt & pepper... maybe I'll give it a try soon. I also really like acorn squash but I like ti best with a ton of butter and brown sugar so I am trying to stay away from that.
Spaghetti squash is good with just butter & pepper (not sure about the salt thing) as we just had it the other night.
GONNABE165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 04:24 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 217/tick/160

Height: 5'5

Good to know, thanks.
peachcake is offline   Reply With Quote