Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 08-18-2008, 05:46 PM   #16  
Here I go again

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/135

Height: 5'6

Thumbs up

For me it would be my Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches. YUMMMM! Tastes so good and its low fat and just 140 calories.
BoopRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 06:54 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 201/155/145

Height: 5'6"

I'm with you, Carinna, I love pizza! I just eat the delite now from Papa Murphys. It's only like 3.5 points a slice or something like that. I usually save my points for this on a Sunday.
mamaspank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 07:00 PM   #18  
Lovin' Zumba!

Cheese - I just love cheese. I always have to make room in my plan for it, and try to watch the fat intake from it as well.
BfL_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 09:13 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 157/133.4/130

Height: 5'5"

"Giving up" is so permanent! I haven't given up anything - there are just things that I try to steer more or less clear of right now...things that I try to moderate but can't "give up" are cheese (well, yeah, mostly cheese), Mexican w/ cheese, pizza w/ cheese...you get the picture!

Sweets have never been my issue. I am totally a salt/fat craver.

Last edited by Su-Bee; 08-18-2008 at 09:14 PM.
Su-Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 09:20 PM   #20  
carinna

As I'm reading this, I'm thinking "Ooooooh, cheese! Yeah, I can't live without that either" and "Ah, the beauty of an ice cold beer on a hot night", and "Mmmmmm, what would I do without pasta."

Sheesh, my list is growing and growing.

But on a better note, I picked up a few Lean Cuisine pizza's tonight. Can't wait to try one for lunch tomorrow.
carinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 09:47 PM   #21  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

Carbs! About 50% of my calories come from carbs and I WILL NOT GIVE THEM UP! I'm happy to exchange processed and refined carbs for whole grains, fruits, and veggies. I'm happy to experiment with different kinds of whole grains (brown and wild rice mixes, oat bran, wheat bran, different kinds of hot cereals, high fiber and whole wheat pasta, breads made from sprouted wheat or spelt or flaxseed). But low carb diets are out of the question for me.

I also won't give up bananas, pineapple, corn and corn products. All of these foods are considered to have a high glycemic index and, from what I've read about low GI diets, giving them up would probably help me lose that last little bit of flab in my stomach. But I don't care. I've decided that if I have to give up bananas, pineapple, and corn to have a perfectly flat stomach than I'm going to learn to be happy with my slightly rounded mushy stomach. Corn and corn products (polenta, corn meal, Fiber One cereal, hominy, etc.) would be especially hard for me to give up.

I also don't think I could give up chocolate permanently. I don't eat a lot of it because I absolutely cannot seem to eat it in moderation, but I do break down and treat myself from time to time. It's like some kind of drug.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 12:25 PM   #22  
LLV

I haven't given up anything at all. I eat certain foods in moderation and some in extreme moderation, but I still eat what I want.
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 12:57 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 222/212/160

Height: 5'4"

I'm with the not giving anything up, calorie counters...I've given up alcohol during other weight losses but I'm trying not to make it a taboo this time, I like that cold beer on a summer evening as well. 2 cold beers on a summer evening can lead to bad food decisions though.
clayr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 01:12 PM   #24  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayr View Post
I'm with the not giving anything up, calorie counters...I've given up alcohol during other weight losses but I'm trying not to make it a taboo this time, I like that cold beer on a summer evening as well. 2 cold beers on a summer evening can lead to bad food decisions though.
Yep because you're like awwww pffffffft! who cares, just give me the whole dang pizza!

haha

Last edited by LLV; 08-20-2008 at 01:12 PM. Reason: typo correction
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 01:18 PM   #25  
carinna

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLV View Post
Yep because you're like awwww pffffffft! who cares, just give me the whole dang pizza!

haha
BTDT.
carinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 01:58 PM   #26  
Free-thinker

Height: 5'9"

Hmm... This could be a long list for me. I doubt I could completely give up chocolate (organic milk), pasta (whole grain), pizza, and my coffee. Though I only have about two cups a day. Not that much.
BlessedBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 03:18 PM   #27  

Height: 5'3"

Pasta, chocolate, and wine! Although I have switched over to whole grain pasta and that satisfies my craving. The chocolate I allow myself every so often, fitting it into my plan about 90% of the time. And I still allow myself to have 2-3 glasses of wine/week. I'm on WW so as long as I plan out my points for the day it's all good.
Nevaeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 08:31 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 185/176/150

Height: 5'7"

I cannot give up real half and half in my coffee in the morning. So I have started using a small amount of soy creamer and 2 tbls 1/2 and 1/2.
HisBeloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 09:34 AM   #29  

Height: 5'9"

My doube double coffee from Tim Hortons!! (For those who are not Canadian, that is 2 cream 2 sugar!)
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 01:17 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLV View Post
I haven't given up anything at all. I eat certain foods in moderation and some in extreme moderation, but I still eat what I want.
I agree. I haven't really given anything up. Although there are a few things I have no desire to eat anymore and I do stay away from certain chemicals in food, but not one particular food.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote