Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 07-28-2008, 10:47 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/160/130

Height: 5'4

Arrow sOme much needed guidence!!!

I want to start eatting better. But i dont know where to start and how to start eatting better. Can anyone help me??? What should i do? Do you know of any good books i should read to help me start? My current weight is 160lbs. Im 5'4...started working out yesterday. And i want to start eatting better today. So if anyone has any suggestin of what i should do to start off eatting right please let me know. You advice is very needed. Thank you!!!
MzKeYs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 11:25 AM   #2  

S/C/G: SEE TICKER

Height: 5'4"

There are so many books and plans to choose from. I actually got started by watching a BBC show called "You are What you Eat". Opened my eyes to so many things!

Please keep posting and looking around. There are loads of people here that can help!
HoneyMustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 11:38 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

One thing that I've taken to heart is something from Michael Pollan's books. In his books he says (paraphrased) "Eat real food".

In other words, eat things that look like food. Fruit. Veggies. Meat. Whole grains. Dairy. Eggs. Things that your grandmother or great grandmother would recognize as food.

If it comes in a box and has "enhanced" or "enriched" or "fat free" or "low cal" or anything like that on it - don't eat it.

If it is sold using cartoon characters on TV - don't eat it.

If there are a list of things in the ingredients list you can't pronounce - don't eat it.

If it is any kind of "food product" - don't eat it.

That's a really good start to eating more healthy.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 11:38 AM   #4  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I would look at this thread:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91330
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote