Any great BEETS Recipes/Ideas?

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Thanks Pat!
  • These sound great!!! I don't know which one to try first. I've got a whole new veggie to work with and this excites me . Gosh, I'm strange.

Thank you so much.
  • I don't know how good for you it is but I always had pickled beets and eggs as a kid- my grandmother made them. I'm not sure how my grandmother made hers- but I found some recipes on recipezaar for them that looked the same. My favorite thing when I was a kid.
  • Beets are one of my all time favorite foods. I grow them in my garden and pickle them when I have a bunch ready. All I do is steam them until they are tender and the peel slips off. I put them in a jar with seasoned rice vinegar and pop them in the fridge. After about three days they are pretty well pickled. The rice vinegar has sugar in it and beets are little high in carbs, so you have to account for that in a low carb or carb controlled diet. But, a cold pickled beet can go a long way toward curbing a sweet craving. They are really good sliced on a bed of lettuce with a light vinagarette dressing.

Sheri
  • Picked up some small ones- 1-1/2 times the size of a golfball- at the farmers market Sunday and roasted them in my Weber kettle BBQ yesterday. I just washed them and put them right on the grill with the heat off to the side. Removed them when they were easily pierced with a knife. Donning plastic disposable gloves, I peeled them when they were cool enough to handle. Wow! Concentrated sweet earthy taste and nice texture. I have just been snacking on them in rough chunks at room temp.