Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 07-16-2008, 01:06 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Lately grocery stores have been selling packages of frozen fish filets. I have tried the Publix brand, the Kroger brand, and one other (can't remember the nam enow). Since the filets are all flash frozen when the fish is fresh and then vacuum sealed, it's not bad at all.

I love mahi, grouper, snapper, salmon. I'm not fond of the more oily fish or the very thin, flaky filets.

Last night I pan fried a piece of mahi in olive oil until brown and crispy on the outside, then added some asparagus tips, and a handful of chopped artichoke hearts and sauteed for just a few minutes. Yummy.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 01:59 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

I definitely agree with the different ways to add spice and flavor when cooking salmon. That's what made it even possible to start having it once a week (well, really twice, leftovers in a salad for lunch the next day too). But I still wasn't *loving* it, but all of a sudden after 2-3 months of this, last week I was eating my salmon, and realized, hey, I *like* this. I don't have to smother it anymore . I guess it just took some time for my palate to get used to it. It's not quite love yet, but it's no longer toleration either
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 11:11 AM   #18  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceUponADrive View Post
I love flounder, but I overcook it. I don't like when it's too moist, so I cook it until the texture is a little more dry and flaky. Sometimes I use oven fry to coat it and bake it in the oven. We also use this delicous mango marinade sometimes which I absolutely love.
Would you please post a recipe for the mango marinade if it's not too much trouble? I love 'mango-everything' .
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 12:29 PM   #19  
One Pound at a Time

S/C/G: 190/149/150

Height: 5'6"

Oh I don't make it myself. I'm not quite that domestic. I use World Harbors Island Mango Marinade. All my local grocery stores carry it.
OnceUponADrive is offline   Reply With Quote