Can you recommend a decent blender in the $100 or less range?

• Hopefully this is the right place for this post.

My old cheap blender is about kaput. Its not crushing ice well, smoothies are separated and chunky, plus Ive lost part of the lid so I have to hold a paper towel over the whole in the top LOL. I think its time to invest in a new one.

Do you have any recommendations for a blender that makes good smoothies?

I was wondering about the kitchenaid one with the food processor attachment too. That way I could get rid of my food processor (I don't use one often) but thats not a requirement.

I just want good smoothies =)

Thanks,
    Abie
  • I just went through this about a month ago and can tell you, after scratching my head for a while I went with the same manufacturer who made my current coffee maker because I was pleased with it.

http://www.hamiltonbeach.com/product...r-blenders.php

It only cost me about $35 and it works wonderfully.
  • I have a Black and Decker that was less than $50 and it works great. Does a good job with crushing ice, too.
  • I have a vitamix and a magic bullet like blender. The vitamix is $$ but the magic bullet like blender is very cheap and makes good smoothies. It is a Bella Cucina from Macy's that I bought for $19. Basically makes smoothies in a cup. My husband uses it every morning.
  • I got a Cuisenart at BedBath and Beyond for about $50.00-60.00 plus my 20% off coupon.....they have a pretty big selection in different price ranges too.
  • I also have a Cuisinart and really like it. It does pretty well crushing ice too.

There are also those machines that are specifiically for smoothies. I've always wondered about those and how they compare with a blender.. do they really crush the ice more into that super duper fine crush? hmmm
  • Thanks everyone for the recommendations,

I ended up going to Bed Bath and Beyond with a 20% off coupon. I got the Cuisinart that has a food processor attachment. I decided on it because it got good reviews for the price range and I will be able to get rid of my food processor (Its not a very good one, and it takes a ton of space)

I will use it later tonight and let you know how it goes.
    Abie
  • yes, mine does a great job with ice, it seems to be a heavy-duty with strong motor and blades....the BF makes a mean Mango-Bango with it some weekends.