Soy Milk

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • I just bought the Almond Breeze Vanilla flavor and made my first smoothie for breakfast - Yum!

I'm excited to try it over Kashi's Cinnamon Harvest cereal next!

Thank you all so much for all the suggestions/information!!
  • I think I asked this question before the Great Server Loss, but what exactly IS soy milk, rice milk, and almond milk? What processes do those ingredients go through to become something vastly different from their original state? Calories aside, how "healthy" are these drinks? I'm almost afraid anymore to consume things that are heavily chemically processed and altered.

I've never tried any of them, because I cannot buy them in sizes less than a quart, and I'm not willing to waste that amount of money or food.
  • I just bought some of the 8th continent vanilla soy (chose it over Silk because it was lower in sugar content). I'm going to try some today, will update on it.

As for the last poster's questions:

1. Soy Milk
    "{Soy milk is} a stable emulsion of oil, water and protein, it is produced by soaking dry soybeans, and grinding them with water."
    2. Almond Milk
    "Almond milk is a milky drink made from ground almonds."
    3. Rice Milk
    "Rice milk is a kind of grain milk processed from rice. It is mostly made from brown rice and commonly unsweetened, the sweetness in most rice milk varieties is generated by a natural enzymatic process, dividing the carbohydrates into sugars, especially glucose, similar to the Japanese Amazake."
  • You can easily make soy, rice and almond milk at home as well. I haven't done it myself but I have known many people who have.
  • Thanks, Snapless! That makes me feel a bit better about trying it.
  • I'm a bit late responding but wanted to let you all know...thank you for telling me about 8th Continent Vanilla. I like it! Have it almost every morning with my Fiber One.

I don't know what it is about my taste buds and Silk but it just tasted really bad to me.
  • Yup! 8th Continent, mmmmmmm...
  • Silk Light Vanilla- yummo
    If you buy the unflavored you CAN add your own flavors to it - such as a bit of Vanilla extract or a sprinkle of Cinammon. Especially when enjoying it in cold cereal.
  • what kind of smoothie?
    Quote: [I]I just bought the Almond Breeze Vanilla flavor and made my first smoothie for breakfast - Yum!
    I love smoothies!