Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 05-20-2008, 09:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 187/ticker/150

Height: 5'6

Default Kashi Go Lean Protein Shakes

I don't know how they work as far as slimming, but they've been wonderful for me so far! I blend it with a pro biotic super enriched organic yogurt, fruit and juice for breakfast and it's loaded with vitamins, protein, fiber, etc! It's been perfect for me since I'm notorious for skipping breakfast. It usually keeps me full for at least 3-4 hours which is more than breakfast has ever done. Again, I can't speak for it's ability to help lose weight, but I can really recommend it to people like me who don't have time for any breakfast, let alone one as well balanced as this!
The one down side is that it's a bit chalky, but I've tried much more expensive protein powders with less nutrients that are far worse. The vanilla flavor is also a bit strong (also have chocolate) but if you use a strong berry-I like to mix pomegranate juice and cherries!--it's good!
vmo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 09:59 AM   #2  
ddc
getting back to 140

S/C/G: 155/154.2/140

Height: 5'7"

I'm a big Kashi fan.
I didn't know they had a protein shake though.
I eat their crunchy go lean bars and their cereals.
I don't care for protein shakes actually, but thanks for the info
ddc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 06:53 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/155/135

Height: 5'3"

Does it come as a powder or as a shake? Anyhow, I am a fan of Kashi also.. it is the only healthy cereal that DH will eat other than oatmeal and he likes the crunch not the regular LOL... And where do you find the shake?
tdiprincess is offline   Reply With Quote