Diet soda and weight Loss

• I am a big consumer of Chery Coke Zero-nutrition label states 0 for everything. I don't understand how it can be zero carbs with all that sugar. Maybe someone can explain that to me. Anyway, how bad is it to drink this while trying to achieve weight loss? Why is it bad?
  • Cherry Coke Zero doesn't have any sugar in it. It's artificially sweetened with aspartame (Equal). Hence no carbs and no calories.

As for whether it's "bad" for weight loss -- you'll find a whole range of opinions. The bottom line seems to be that different people have different reactions to artificial sweeteners. Me personally? I have a can of Cherry Coke Zero in front of me right now (what a coincidence!) and drank diet sodas the whole time I lost weight and during the six years that I've been maintaining. So I don't think they've been bad for my weight loss.
  • If anything it has helped mine in the past. Whenever I got a craving for sweets I drank one (and still lost). Of course, I was probably drinking too much back then.
  • Aahh, Aspartame...that makes sense. I am going to keep drinking it then, because I love, love, love it. Thanks!
  • Aspertane can be really bad for you though... just be careful. Try limiting yourself to one a day.

I used to be addicted to Diet Coke- we're talking 4 or more a day. Finally I slowed my consumption wayyyy down by realizing when I had a craving, and drinking at LEAST 8 ounces of water before having one. I'd drink water, wait about 10 minutes and if it still sounded good- and it often did, then I'd have one. Oh, and I'd enjoy it!

Just remember not to let anything get in the way of water!!