3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Food Talk And Fabulous Finds (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds-17/)
-   -   La Cense grass fed beef free burger deal (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds/139460-la-cense-grass-fed-beef-free-burger-deal.html)

diamondgeog 04-10-2008 08:13 AM

La Cense grass fed beef free burger deal

I was on the nytimes.com website yesterday and this popped up as an ad. Me and my wife have wanted to try grass fed beef for some time. I did some research on them and they are legit. A Montana ranch that grass feeds its cattle and uses no hormones.

The deal was legimate as well, 8 free burgers. You do have to pay $17 shipping because they need to ship 2 day. But we added a few more items and it was still $17 to ship everything plus the prices of the items we added (burgers were still free). We are trying their stew meat as our other items.

The items are pricey but I guess you would have to compare them to a farmer's market price. Anyhow if we like them we might buy more. And if you hit $90 you get free shipping but I do not know if that would also combine with the free burgers.

In any even the normal price for the burgers is $27 so $17 including shipping might be a good way to see if you like grass fed beef. Link below. I know it says 4 but it came up as 8 burgers on checkout. Also we placed the order last late afternoon and they shipped the same day so we will get them Friday.

http://www.lacensebeef.com/promotions/code/_burgers4

bargoo 04-10-2008 11:25 AM

Please let us know how you like them ? Are they worth it ? The web page did say 8 free steak burgers.

diamondgeog 04-10-2008 11:34 AM

Just wanted to add that their website says orders go out Mon, Tues, Wed so they can get there in 2 days and not include the weekend. So if you order after Wed they will not ship until Monday.

I will let you know. I have heard people describe grass fed beef as 'rich'.

gailr42 04-10-2008 07:27 PM

I saw the same add on the Cooking Light website. In fact I saved it to my favorites. I am really going to be interested in how you like it. I think it is less fatty than what we are used to and has to be cooked more carefully in order to be juicy.

Since it is so pricey, I can imagine myself eating much less beef in general, but increasing the quality and sustainability.

diamondgeog 05-12-2008 09:03 AM

Sorry it took so long to get back to reporting. The burgers are FANTASTIC. Both me and my wife say they are the best tasting burgers we have ever had. It is just a pure beef taste. They even smell better than 'regular' beef. We also bought stew meat which we have yet to try.

We are very tempted to make this our beef choice for at home and just eat less. Steaks though are very expensive, almost $7 for a 6 ouncer. However we will be buying the burgers again. I highly recommend at least trying out the 'free' burger deal if they still have it. The burgers are free, but you do pay for shipping.

When we order again, we will order enough to pay for free shipping. And $14 for the both of us for a steak dinner is less than we would pay going out and if the burgers are any indication the steaks will be fantastic as well.

Just went to their website again and they are offering free shipping over $75. They have 32 steak burgers for $82 something. It works out to just over $2.50 a patty. And they are tasty and good enough to serve for a very nice dinner. We like the taste so much we do not even put bread on them. I think we will be ordering the 32 pack and trying that out. I do not see why we could not use the patties as lasagna filling, meat loaf, meat balls, etc. They do offer ground beef for around I think $9 a pound but the patties work out to a better per pound deal and seem to be the same.

With free shipping I do not think they are that much more more than Kansas City steak and Omaha, both of which I have tried and liked. In fact, they might be cheaper! than the 'steakburgers' you find there. To me the La Cense completely blow Kansas City and Omaha out of the water with taste plus they are better for me, the cows are treated better, and better for the environment. Even though they are 'ground beef' not 'steak bits' formed into patties they still taste better than KC and Omaha. Imagine how the steaks must taste then? I know I will not be spending $7 that often for a 6 ounce steak but I do want to make La Cense my go to store for beef from now on. And the stew meat was reasonably priced. When I try that I will report back.

gailr42 05-12-2008 03:49 PM

Hey, Diamondgeorg - thanks so much for your report. I was just on their website again trying to decide whether or not to order. I am really a believer in getting something that is really good and not eating so much of it! I think I am going to try it.