Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 06-14-2008, 09:51 PM   #1  
Choosing with every bite.

S/C/G: 212.5/182/155

Height: 5' 7"

Default Any smoothies with vegetables?

Besides gazpacho, which is treated as a soup, do you have any recipes for smoothies, shakes or slushies that include vegetables? Is this just crazy or have you made anything like this that was refreshing and tasty? I'm afraid the vegetables won't break down like fruit does and there would be strands and large chunks, so I'm a little afraid to experiment. I don't want to run them through a juicer and lose the fiber. Has anyone tried running veggies through a blender?

I did a search and looked through some of the more likely recipe sections but didn't find anything.

Thanks in advance.
WebRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 10:32 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Veggies are awesome. I've kind of simplified my veggie shake but things I've tried before are:
Spinach
Celery
Cucumbers
Carrots

It really depends on what type of shake you are looking for. Usually, I make a fruit/veggie shake with spinach, strawberries, 1/2 banana, water and ice.

I think frozen bananas and strawberries are awesome additions to shakes but if you want something on the less fruity side, I'd recommend something like the following:

Spinach, cucumbers, celery, carrots, 1/2 apple, some ginger and water. You could also try some lemon juice/lemon zest as well.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 10:38 PM   #3  
Choosing with every bite.

S/C/G: 212.5/182/155

Height: 5' 7"

Thanks - it sounds like it works then. I was thinking of spinach and cucumbers and didn't want to waste them if it wouldn't work. I think I'll give it a try. Ginger sounds like it would be awesome, especially with the cucumbers.
WebRover is offline   Reply With Quote