3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Food Talk And Fabulous Finds (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds-17/)
-   -   Is this Kashi cereal with twigs new? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds/137020-kashi-cereal-twigs-new.html)

chick_in_the_hat 03-14-2008 11:23 AM

Is this Kashi cereal with twigs new?

I found a version of Kashi Go Lean Cereal I hadn't noticed before. It has less calories and more protein that the Go Lean Crunch (which I :love:) It comes in a red and white box.

I was a little concerned that they actually describe the cereal as containing "twigs"....but it was good! :T

140 calories for a cup, 13 g of protein. Go Lean Crunch has 200 cals and 9 g of protein.

Megan1982 03-14-2008 11:29 AM

No, Kashi GoLean Cereal has been around for a few years at least. I think it's great! I love Kashi GoLean Crunch a little too much b/c of the sweetness, and need to be careful that I'm measuring out my portions exactly. GoLean is not that sweet, but still quite tasty, and the nutritionals are great! Glad you found it!

lois lane 03-14-2008 11:47 AM

Gina, I also love the Go Lean Crunch. I was actually eating it and I saw your post.:) I have seen the twigs before, but I haven't tried yet.

Last time I grocery shopped, I picked up Kashi instant oatmeal. It's very good too! I am not an oatmeal fan, but I am of the Kashi!

Alicia

HeatherAngel 03-14-2008 01:13 PM

Gina - this post confused me... I LOVE Kashi Go Lean, and it is an absolute staple for me :D BUT - my box states it has 200 calories per cup, but the same protein. How odd... It hasn't changed, either - it's always been 200 calories a cup, before milk. (and I LOVE the 'twigs' - so does my parrot! :lol:)

chick_in_the_hat 03-14-2008 05:03 PM

The one with the twigs appears to be the original Go Lean.

"GOLEAN cereal is a lightly sweetened mix of crunchy fiber twigs, crispy soy protein grahams, and honey-toasted 7 Whole Grains and Sesame Puffs"

gailr42 03-15-2008 11:10 PM

Love the twigs. I don't buy it very often because I want to eat the whole box at once!

azmom 03-16-2008 06:39 PM

I love Go Lean and eat it all the time with almond milk or plain yogurt and raisins. The Go Lean Crunch has way to much sugar and is highly addictive! I can't have that one in my house!

2muchbackend 03-16-2008 10:18 PM

For some reason any Kashi cereal gives me horrible gas and I don't know why I can eat other high fiber cereals like fiber one and doesn't do that. I love kashi too.

Just Deb 03-17-2008 01:15 PM

Gina - I tried the "twigs" this weekend. Yum! Thanks for the tip. I am amazed by how long I stay full from Kashi cereals.

moon fairy 03-17-2008 01:19 PM

i too love go-lean crunch but i always measure out my portion and have no more than that. i've also tried kashi honey puffed oats, which isn't too bad either, just not as sweet. DH lovingly refers to the honey oats as "maggots". lol.

chick_in_the_hat 03-17-2008 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moon fairy (Post 2103896)
DH lovingly refers to the honey oats as "maggots". lol.

Which begs the question...what if I mix the "maggots" with the "twigs"? :chin: :s:

Megan1982 03-18-2008 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chick_in_the_hat (Post 2104897)
Which begs the question...what if I mix the "maggots" with the "twigs"? :chin: :s:

Yup, there is Go Lean original (1c = 140 cal), Go Lean Crunch (1 c = 190 cal), and Go Lean Crunch with Almonds (1 c = 200 cal) - 3 different types of GoLean cereals. I eat so many Kashi products I'm practically a walking spokesperson for them.

I love to make combos of Kashi cereals, or Kashi cereals with others. A combo I really like is 1/2 cup of the To Good Friends cereal with 1/2 cup of Honey Nut cheerios. That way you get quite a lot of fiber, and the sweet (but not too sweet) of the honey nut. I also love to eat vanilla yogurt with 1/2 cup or 1 cup of Kashi Go Lean Crunch/w/ Almonds as an alternative to the traditional yogurt with granola snack.

I eat the oatmeals in a pinch (great for taking on travel for work - you can make instant oatmeal with hot water run through the hotel coffeemaker), though at home I make it from scratch. I also like the granola bars and protein/fiber bars a lot! And the pizzas are delicious - the crust is so good and it satisfies a pizza fix without being too greasy. I love the Blueberry Cereal but have to watch myself around that one.

SunshineRunner 03-18-2008 01:16 PM

Yum. I love the Kashi cereals and the pizzas too...not a big fan of the frozen dinners. Wonder what I'll have for lunch now that I have this on the brain!!!