3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Food Talk And Fabulous Finds (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds-17/)
-   -   Awesome fiber product! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds/134886-awesome-fiber-product.html)

fiberlover 02-19-2008 07:54 PM

Awesome fiber product!

I found oat fiber - it is almost pure fiber, and can be added to many things.
I have added it to Bisquick heartsmart mix and yogurt. DH made muffins and put some in.

It has only 5 calories per ounce and a whopping 26 grams of fiber. I mix in several grams to up the fiber content on food.

Honeyville Oat Fiber

cbmare 02-19-2008 08:01 PM

Where did you get it? Do you bloat and have discomfort because it has so much fiber?

azmom 02-19-2008 11:12 PM

I checked out the website....looks great! How much do you usually add to yogurt or other things?

fiberlover 02-20-2008 09:43 AM

cbmare - check the link in my first post. It's from Honeyville.
I eat a lot of fiber anyway - so it doesn't bother me. I shoot for 25-30 grams a day. This product helps me when I eat those things that don't have as much fiber (like the bisquick)

azmom - to my yogurt, I add about 4-5 grams per 1/2 cup of yogurt. That way it doesn't interfere with the texture too much. Not sure I would do any more than that. It's pretty tasteless, which is good. With the bisquick, I put in 11 grams of powder per 1/3 cup of bisquick. The 4 pound box is going to last me forever!

Meg 02-20-2008 09:52 AM

Fiberlover, you're really living up to your name! :lol: Thanks for the link -- I just ordered some. DH has IBS and fiber is the cornerstone of IBS treatment, plus this is soluble fiber which is gentler on the gut than insoluble. Fiber is something I always can use more of, too -- it really helps fill me up on fewer calories.

I love new food finds! :carrot:

fiberlover 02-20-2008 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meg (Post 2063866)
Fiberlover, you're really living up to your name! :lol: Thanks for the link -- I just ordered some. DH has IBS and fiber is the cornerstone of IBS treatment, plus this is soluble fiber which is gentler on the gut than insoluble. Fiber is something I always can use more of, too -- it really helps fill me up on fewer calories.

I love new food finds! :carrot:

I love new food finds, too! Funny, it's so easy to add protein to stuff, but I could never get the fiber up without resorting to adding ground oats to foods - which doesn't always work very well.
I was so happy to find this. Hope you like it!

LindaT 02-20-2008 01:23 PM

Wowie. That's a lot of fiber. Most days I get my required amount of 40-50g, but some days when I am not able to eat at home it is tough. Just a little bit of this on cereal or something would definately be a help on those days. Fiber is indeed a god send for IBS. I need to check around here to see if I can find it in a store