Chicken Sausage

• Hey all,
    I was at the store and found some yummy looking italian chicken sausage. I've been dying to try chicken sausage but this is the first time I found it. I was wondering if anyone had any good recipes I can it in. I considered making a pasta and tomato sauce but I thought I would see if anyone had any better uses.

Thanks!
  • We make our own turkey Italian sausage. We use it in pasta sauces. We use it when we make pizza, which is rarely.

You can look for a beefy rice recipe and substitute it.

Oh, since it doesn't contain beef or pork, it is much leaner. Don't start with the heat too high. You may need to use a little bit of oil.

You can also form it into patties and serve it like you would a regular link sausage.

Congratulations on your weight loss. You've done an awesome job.
  • I buy chicken sausage links and cut them up. Stir fry them with cut up peppers, zucchini, onions, mushrooms, etc. All my family likes them.
  • I use turkey sausage--I slice it up and toss in a crock pot with onions, peppers, some beef or chicken broth, some white cooking wine, and tomato sauce (and whatever seasonings you like). I like it, and my fiance LOVES it.
  • I use already cooked sausage (Cantellas, I think?). I also use Jennie-O sweet Italian sausage that needs to be cooked. The cooked kind only needs to be heated through.

I use both types in omlettes, pizza, pasta, stir-fry, and I have a recipe for sausage and potato salad that is really good. It is from one of the Sara Foster cookbooks. I have one grilled when DH is having hot dogs.

Two oz. papardelle, cooked, a bit of sauce made with Muir Glenn tomatoes, and some slices of the Cantellas all topped with parmesan is just yummy, and what could be easier?
  • I make Sausage pasta w/Turkey Sausage; I'm sure it'd work with chicken.

With the casings still on, cook the sausage in a pan and slice it up. Saute it with bell peppers and onions. Serve over whole wheat pasta. My ex loved this--such a man meal!