Favorite bottled dressings

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I am sure this has been discussed many times but what are your favorite bottled dressings. I am looking for ones that are low-fat and basically low-sugar (like the fat-free Catalina but has loads of sugar!)

I just can't seem to get enough salads lately and I want to make the best choices as well the tastiest!
  • Trader Joe's Low Fat Parmesan Ranch! Mmmmm.
  • Trader Joe's Ranch fan here too. Also love their Caesar

Newman's Own dressings - just recently tried these. The sun dried tomato and the sesame ginger are fabulous. Very low fat but they have the mouth feel of a hi fat dressing. I wish I had found these sooner
  • I love Annie's Naturals Gingerly Vinaigrette.
  • I'll ditto the vote for Newman's Own Sesame Ginger. It's my favorite! I use it on salad. Sometimes I'll mix it into brown rice or veggies. I'm not sure about the sugar or fat, but I know it's got 35 calories per 2 Tbsp serving.
  • South Beach Balsamic and Kraft Light Ranch
  • I love Trader Joe's Fat Free Balsamic Vinaigrette. It doesn't look very appetizing, but it tastes great. I also love their Raspberry dressing. And I love Bernstein's Light Fantastic.
  • Ken's Steakhouse Ranch or Northern Italian
  • I'd recommend Galeos. They contain no artificial flavors, colors, preservatives, or MSG & are low in fat, sugar, salt and carbohydrates. First found out about these dressings from The Biggest Loser show. Very delicious & don't have that dreadful fakey taste like some of the FF/LF dressings.

You can check them out at galeoscafe.com. They have a store locator (Trader Joe's usually carries it too even though not listed.) or you can order online.
  • Girard's Champagne Light.
  • Quote: Ken's Steakhouse Ranch or Northern Italian
    Yes, I'm a big fan of all of the Ken's Steakhouse light flavors! I think my absolute favorite is the Caesar light (not the creamy Caesar).

I live in Florida and a southern chain here, Publix, has a line of light dressings that are similar to Ken's, but less expensive.

I also adore Naturally Fresh brand Ginger Dressing. 2 Tbsp = 70 cal. It's found in the produce section. Naturally Fresh Jalapeno Ranch is so spicy that I only need 1 Tbsp, or 60 cal, for a big salad. Oooh it's hot though!
  • The Paul Newman lite Basalmic is terrific! It is only 45 calories for 2 Tablespoons. I can't seem to get enough salad lately. My body is craving crispy veggies!!
  • I really like Ken's Lite Northern Italian. Another favorite is Trader Joe's Champagne Pear Vinaigrette.
  • OMG, the TJ's Champagne Pear Vinaigrette sounds to die for. I wonder how come I never saw that one? Thanks for mentioning it.

I like TJ's balsamic vinaigrette, the Parmesan ranch, the ginger/soy/sesame, and the raspberry.
  • Trader Joe's .....I miss that store!!