3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Food Talk And Fabulous Finds (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds-17/)
-   -   Ellie Krieger, great food, good for you (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds/132059-ellie-krieger-great-food-good-you.html)

friendlykat4u 01-21-2008 03:12 PM

Ellie Krieger, great food, good for you

I'm a FoodTV junkie and I love Ellie Krieger.

She has great ideas, great recipes and it's all healthful food. Who said eating better has to be bland?!

I love cooking and this is the perfect show for me, I get my TV fix and my food fix all at the same time! :hun:

Just wanted to share for those of you who are always looking for tastier recipes full of nutrition and flavor.

She also has a website: http://www.elliekrieger.com worth checking out. :)

missingmyerica 01-21-2008 03:21 PM

I love Ellie Krieger too! She is so pretty and looks so healthy. She has a great recipe for creamy cauliflower soup, from the link you provided. Mmm.

jtammy 01-21-2008 04:18 PM

I had never heard of her, until last week. I brought home a book from the library by her called "Foods you Crave". It has some wonderful recipes!! I'm actually thinking of buying the book; it looks so wonderful. What is her show called? I want to DVR it!

cbmare 01-21-2008 04:53 PM

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/show..._44765,00.html

Here ya go. You can get a ton of recipes from here as well.

cbmare 01-21-2008 04:55 PM

What I like about her is the fact that she says nothing is off limits. You just have to moderate it if it is something that should be avoided most of the time.

friendlykat4u 01-21-2008 08:57 PM

misingmyerica: I was looking at that too! :D Think I'm going to make it soon!

jtammy: Her show is called Healthy Appetite and I DVR all the time!

cbmare: That's what I like about her too, everything in moderation. Plus she shows you how to make healthier versions of a lot of things.

BlueToBlue 01-21-2008 09:05 PM

I wish that she included nutritional information with her recipes. I expect that a source like, say, Gourmet magazine, won't provide nutritional data, but when someone claiming to provide nutritious recipes, I expect to see nutritional data for the recipes.

missingmyerica 01-21-2008 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueToBlue (Post 2012161)
I wish that she included nutritional information with her recipes. I expect that a source like, say, Gourmet magazine, won't provide nutritional data, but when someone claiming to provide nutritious recipes, I expect to see nutritional data for the recipes.

Her recipes listed on the food network website have all the nutritional data listed.

jtammy 01-21-2008 09:38 PM

The book has all nutritional information. Of course, I wasn't familiar with the show, but the book is great and has everything you need.

Megan1982 01-22-2008 11:03 AM

Every recipe of hers that I've gotten from the Food Network website had nutritional data.

I love her show too. I like that she focuses on the nutrients in foods rather than just making things low cal, and her tips for eating healthily with a busy lifestyle. All of her recipes that I've tried were delicious, and my not-as-health-conscious friends also loved them. Her baked pita chips are SO good they are addictive! I've also tried her Baked Shrimp with Tomatoes and Feta, Herbed Pork Loin, and her cranberry apple turnovers are DELICIOUS (only 200 cals a piece but I can't stop at 1!).

mj5 01-22-2008 06:54 PM

I love her too! I get lots of great ideas from her....throughout my weight loss I have always believed that everything is ok, in moderation!

Megan--I just recently made the baked shrimp w/ tomatoes and feta. My hubby who swears he hates tomatoes LOVED it! I served it over brown rice--it is a new favorite at our house!

Megan1982 01-23-2008 09:28 AM

mmm, feta.....:drool:

BrandNewJen 01-23-2008 09:51 AM

I'm the only person who disagrees--- I am not a fan of her show. As a basic cook, she uses some crazy spices and ingredients and has some intense flavor combinations that doesn't fit with my taste palatte. I've watched her show a few times and it always seems like she's eating a bean salad or lettuce with chickpeas or something nutty like that.

I get it--- use veggies and you can be healthy. Now tell me something I don't know--- tell me how to cook lower fat/cal versions of food I love NOW. Not add some bean salad to the mix!

cbmare 01-23-2008 12:31 PM

She made a spinach salad with bacon and it changed the way I make mine. She poured off all but 1 tsp of the fat and added some olive oil. I don't know why it never occurred to me to do that. DUH! I've picked up quite a few hints from her. I just look at some of the things she cooks and substitute ingredients. If it is something that I know I will never make, then I ignore it.

mandalinn82 01-23-2008 12:45 PM

Brandnewjen - I'm mostly with you. I really want a "Calorie Commando" type show to come back...healthy versions of favorite foods, with low enough calories you can eat them regularly, using healthy ingredients. It's the way I cook and I would love some new ideas, but can't ever get them!