Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 01-10-2008, 12:21 PM   #1  
WAF Blue Team

S/C/G: 198/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Default sausage help

Hi, Im new and have only been doing this a week. So far so good, Ive eated well, nothing major, my biggest problem is portion control. But i think tonight is gonna be a bit of a problem. We are all off to a pub that only serves sausages and mash (although about 20 different varietys) How do I possibly make that healthy? Help!
irishkatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 01:00 PM   #2  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Don't go.

However, what type of eating plan are you following? If you are doing low carb, I would think that the sausage would be OK if you are doing that. If you are doing low fat, then I'd suggest not eating or only eating a chicken, turkey or veggie sausage.

Perhaps you can search the web for the nutritional value for the sausages they serve. Is the pub listed on some sort of website like dietfacts.com?

This is a tough one. Good luck.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 03:58 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 135/130/125

Height: 5'6

Don't not go. Thats no way to live your life, you can't just lock yourself in the house when everyone goes out. Sausages are high in fat and I'm not really sure what mash is? mashed potatoes? Anyway, you're just going to have to learn portion control. I know its hard when you go out to eat. Just eat really really slowly and savor every bite. Eat only 1/2-3/4 the portion if it is a reasonable size portion, and see if they offer any vegetables to go along with it. If you do this, make sure you be really good the next day or two to make up for it. That doesn't mean starve yourself it just means make healthy choices to compensate for one small bad choice. Say you are allowing yourself 1600 hundred calories right now.. eat half of those during the day and then you have a whopping 800 calories for dinner! 800 calories during the day is easy. Save 400 for breakfast adn 400 for lunch and you'll be fine.
ILoveLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 06:45 PM   #4  
WAF Blue Team

S/C/G: 198/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

thanks, yeah mash is mash potatoes. Im trying really hard not to let me loosing weight control my life and stop me doing things. So i went. Had pork sausages, only at 2 instead of the three and had lots of veg (broccoli and red cabbage). And only one gin and slimline tonic. Diet coke after that.
irishkatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 03:33 AM   #5  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

Honestly, one off-plan meal like that isn't really going to make any difference in your diet in the long run. Just so long as you stay on plan the rest of the day and get right back on plan afterwards, it will be but a small blip in your overall weight loss. I eat out with friends at least once or twice a month, don't worry at all about what I eat at those times, and it rarely seems to make a difference in my weight. It's when I have several off plan days at a time (when I'm on vacation and eating out for every meal, for example) that wrecks havoc on my weight.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote