Soy Meat??

• Good morning everybody! I have a little translation problem so here I am again asking for your help.
    I recently started eating soy meat, the point is I donīt know how you call it in english, I mean, in Fitday I tried entering "soy meat" and nothing appears, then I tried "Soy" and you get a LOTS of results, all the way from soy beans to soy oil. I tried soy burger which seemed kind of similar, but when looking at the nutritional values they are very different, specially in the fat part ( the package says it has less than half of what fitday says). I know I can make a custom food, but I try not to do that because then all the mineral and vitamin values donīt match, and itīs always good to learn a little more english lol!

Thanks
  • Rafaella, I'm not really much help, because I enter mine as a custom food. None of the entries match closely enough to what I purchase.

Fitday does have some entries that might match for you. Look at these entries:
    • "Meat substitute, cereal- and vegetable protein-based, fried"
    • "Ground beef with textured vegetable protein, cooked"
    • "Vegetarian meat loaf or patties (meat loaf made with meat substitute)"
  • Tks Jtammy! I checked the options but they are not even close to my soy meat, so Iīll go ur way and customize it! CONGRATULATIONS on ur big big loss!
  • Try entering the brand name. Fitday has some Morningstar Farms products in their database. That's the kind of soy "meat" I buy.

We don't really have a particular name for it in English. In our house, we refer to the various products as "fake-un" (the soy bacon), veggie burgers (the vegetable patties), chick nuggets (the soy "chicken" nuggets), soy crumbles (or, as my husband lovingly calls it, "fake meat"), etc.

Hope that helps!

Kara