3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Food Talk And Fabulous Finds (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds-17/)
-   -   Availability of Christmas-season-only food items (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds/127716-availability-christmas-season-only-food-items.html)

ANOther 11-25-2007 06:11 PM

Availability of Christmas-season-only food items

Last year I got a couple of containers of powder Coffee-mate in the holiday-season flavors (pumpkin spice and gingerbread): I'd stick them in my tea and hot cocoa, or on my oatmeal, and liked them, and I was unhappy when they were sold out barely after Thanksgiving (I continued to find the liquid versions but since I don't use them that much I'd have preferred the powder). This year, I only saw one jar of the peppermint-mocha dry Coffee-mate, I couldn't find any of the pumpkin-spice or gingerbread powder :mad:

Then this year, for the first time I tried the diet Sierra Mist Cranberry Splash. Again I like, and again I can't find it any more (one supermarket still has a few cases of the non-diet kind, but I can't find the diet). I checked the Pepsico website and it said the cranberry splash would be available 'for eight weeks at the holidays'. Dare I hope they produce some more soon? How come these "Christmas" flavors are all sold out before December 1?? :mad::mad:

LLV 11-26-2007 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ANOther (Post 1940751)
Then this year, for the first time I tried the diet Sierra Mist Cranberry Splash.

We looked for that last year at several stores (after seeing it advertised) and never found it.

I don't know what's up with certain flavors selling out early or not being available at all. A lot of them I've stopped looking for.

DGAdDawg 11-27-2007 12:02 PM

I've seen the powdered versions at Wal-mart...I'm racking my brain to remember if I saw anything besides the Peppermint flavor. I use the Gingerbread in my coffee!

My other favorite holiday treat is Fudge covered Oreos....yum....I've resisted so far, but I may buy a box in a few weeks when my friends and I have our Christmas dinner.

ANOther 11-27-2007 12:20 PM

DGAdDawg, thanks for the tip, I don't get to Wal-Mart all that often but I'll check them this weekend. I'll also look and see if they have the diet cranberry splash

ANOther 12-02-2007 04:51 PM

bump 12.02:

Bad news, I checked WalMart and couldn't find the cranberry splash (either diet or regular)

Good news, at the neighboring supermarket they had the powdered Coffee-mate in the Xmas flavors, I got 2 containers of the pumpkin spice :)

Lovely 12-03-2007 09:26 PM

I always hate those limited flavors/scents of things for that same reason. Sure, it makes them a little more special, but sometimes I love them so much I don't want them to stop, but I don't want to have to live on eBay to find more of them, either...

AmberD 12-03-2007 09:33 PM

I look forward to pumpkin flavored EVERYTHING this time of year.

scgirl32 12-04-2007 09:04 AM

I've stocked up on cranberry splash (free) with four 2-liters at my house right now. Maybe I'm the only person in our market who's discovered its tastiness because I can find the 2-liters in most grocery stores and Wal-mart and Target. I'd really love to find them in cans, though. The stores around here stock the "leaded" version in cans, but not the Free. I guess I should be too picky ... 2-liters are certainly better than going without!!

I, on the other hand, am trying to find a non-food item... Last year, Lowe's had these awesome odor absorbing containers. You peel the top off, and it somehow magically absorbs the bad scents while leaving behind an awesome Christmas tree scent. Christmas tree scent is so much better than having the house smell like a puppy dog who likes to roll in the mulch everytime she goes outside...