Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 07-17-2007, 09:46 PM   #31  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misti in Seattle View Post
Nope I take full blame for it. Ha today for a snack I tried the chicken vegetable sticks... similar to vienna sausage... yum!
Oh my gosh, I used to LOVE vienna sausages.

Ok, I gotta get some of those, LOL
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 09:57 PM   #32  

Height: 5'8.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLV View Post
Oh my gosh, I used to LOVE vienna sausages.

Ok, I gotta get some of those, LOL
LOL NOW who is creating the monster? Yah I love vienna sausages too but they are soooo horrid for me. The GG ones are 110 calories and you get 7 in a jar... and they are yummy! Ha today I had a jar of them and a little entre sitting on my desk when a guy walked up to ask me something... he said "Do you like baby food?" I tried to convince him how good it was but he didn't think he wanted any. You can also get them the "sticks" in meat; I have a jar but haven't tried them yet.

http://www.gerber.com/toddlersite?tm...tml&tmspromo=2

This stuff is sooooooooooooooooooooooooo good! BTW Del Monte also has some little mini meals in small bowl type things.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 10:13 PM   #33  
LLV

Quote:
LOL NOW who is creating the monster? Yah I love vienna sausages too but they are soooo horrid for me. The GG ones are 110 calories and you get 7 in a jar... and they are yummy! Ha today I had a jar of them and a little entre sitting on my desk when a guy walked up to ask me something... he said "Do you like baby food?" I tried to convince him how good it was but he didn't think he wanted any. You can also get them the "sticks" in meat; I have a jar but haven't tried them yet.

This stuff is sooooooooooooooooooooooooo good! BTW Del Monte also has some little mini meals in small bowl type things.
Yum!

I think we're BOTH creating monsters, LOL. I've already added them to my grocery list.
Old 07-17-2007, 10:25 PM   #34  
LLV

These raviolis look good, too.

Old 07-18-2007, 12:31 AM   #35  

LOL well at least it is something new and different! And I have several cans of those raviolis in different flavors and I think one of something else.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:11 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Baby food squash is an excellent way to moisten left over celebration turkey.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 10:30 AM   #37  
LLV

Quote:
LOL well at least it is something new and different! And I have several cans of those raviolis in different flavors and I think one of something else.
The little "sausages" and raviolis would be perfect for me right now because I'm going out of town this weekend and those will be great to keep in my hotel room for snacking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanB View Post
Baby food squash is an excellent way to moisten left over celebration turkey.
Yum! Good idea. I wonder if you could also mix it in with stuffing before it's baked to keep it moist as well. Plus it'll add some extra nutrients!
Old 07-18-2007, 08:36 PM   #38  

I was thinking the same thing that they will be great for traveling, as I am going out of state on Friday. I stay with my cousin and family but they work and I am running around all the time and pretty much fending for myself. And they live waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out in the country so I can stop and get some of them when I get there to have in my luggage.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:22 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

I'm not sure why, but the idea of eating baby/toddler food makes me go, "...ew." I think of orange and green mush in a jar.

It's been a long time since I've seen baby food. Those Pediasure Nutripals bars seem like they might be good, though.
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 08:39 AM   #40  

Shane, I felt the same way about baby food... but wow let me tell you... things have changed since the days of "orange and green mush in a jar." Of course you can still get that... but this toddler food tastes just like adult food except for much lower in salt and sugar.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:52 AM   #41  
LLV

Ewwwwwwww, no, we're not talking about mush, LOL. We're talking about the little toddler meals, the pasta pick-ups and chicken sausages and that sort of thing. They have little "tv dinners" for toddlers that includes a main entree and a vegetable. Depending on the ones you get, they range anywhere from 80-130 calories and they make a great, quick, low-cal snack when you're rumaging for something to eat and can't be bothered to fix anything. It's definitely not a gourmet meal, but it works in a pinch

Misti, I'm going to look for those little sausages today at the store and take them with me when I go out of town tomorrow.
Old 07-19-2007, 01:08 PM   #42  
LLV

Today I found the meat sticks. I also grabbed some of the pasta pick-ups; the beef and tomato ravioli and the chicken and carrot ravioli. Only 70 calories!

I also grabbed a couple of the toddler stews - the chicken stew with pasta and the turkey stew with rice.

I need therapy.

LOL
Old 07-20-2007, 02:06 PM   #43  
~

S/C/G: 200/174.6/140

Height: 5'8

I love baby food..I dont dare try the meal ones but I get the fruit all the time, Its just like apple sauce but cheaper and more variety in flavors! the only down side is i am 21 and im always afraid the cashier must think I have kids when I dont lol

I dont think Ive ever noticed any toddler food, Ill have to look for it
Pinkadot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 08:28 PM   #44  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkadot View Post
I love baby food..I dont dare try the meal ones but I get the fruit all the time, Its just like apple sauce but cheaper and more variety in flavors! the only down side is i am 21 and im always afraid the cashier must think I have kids when I dont lol
Awwwww poop! Who cares what they think?

By the way, Misti, if you come back around this thread, I really liked the meat sticks. I took them on vacation with me last weekend and ate the whole jar!

Sooo close to vienna sausages but without the fat and calories.

Thanks for bringing them to my attention!