3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Food Talk And Fabulous Finds (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds-17/)
-   -   I just made up a new filling for deviled eggs (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds/116312-i-just-made-up-new-filling-deviled-eggs.html)

LLV 06-27-2007 08:08 PM

I just made up a new filling for deviled eggs

I love deviled eggs, but I avoid eating them because of the cholesterol in the yolk used to make the filling. Most of the time I cook the eggs and split them in half, tossing out the yolk and eating them plain, sprinkled with a little bit of salt. But tonight I really wanted deviled eggs and because I watch my cholesterol and have had enough cholesterol-laden foods this week, I need to back off of them a little bit. So I got a weird thought........ what if I mixed plain prepared mustard up into fat-free cream cheese?

So I did and it tastes really good! And that's what I'm going to stuff my eggs with :)

Just thought I'd share. Has anyone else come up with other yummy things to stuff eggs with? I'd love to hear about it!

Kaizen 06-27-2007 08:37 PM

That sounds great! Thanks for sharing!

Kaizen 06-27-2007 08:38 PM

And, by the way, congratulations on the great job with the weight loss. I'm impressed!

kaplods 06-27-2007 09:07 PM

I use only an egg yolk or two for 6-12 eggs. I add the cooked yolk to hummus and season it with chopped onion and mustard and thin it with a little sour cream or ranch dressing if necessary.

zenor77 06-27-2007 10:37 PM

I've seen recipes that used mashed potatoes in place of the yolks. Your idea sounds yummy!

LLV 06-27-2007 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaizen (Post 1750571)
And, by the way, congratulations on the great job with the weight loss. I'm impressed!

Thank you, I appreciate that :)

And thanks for the other ideas in this thread!

LindseyLouWho 06-29-2007 04:32 PM

Hmm, I was actually thinking that perhaps some tuna/salmon salad (prepared with lowfat or ff mayo) might be good in eggs. Or maybe a FF cream cheese/roasted red pepper type filling might be good. I might just have to buy some eggs to try it out!

LLV 06-29-2007 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LindseyLouWho (Post 1753462)
Hmm, I was actually thinking that perhaps some tuna/salmon salad (prepared with lowfat or ff mayo) might be good in eggs. Or maybe a FF cream cheese/roasted red pepper type filling might be good. I might just have to buy some eggs to try it out!

Yum! Tuna salad in eggs, why didn't I think of that? LOL

Thanks!

sirak 06-29-2007 06:59 PM

I make turkey eggs. I toss the yolks. Then I take diced turkey lunch meat( usually Oscar Mayer Smoked turkey) and use Helman's " best life" mayo( it's not fat free) as a binder. This needs only a bit of pepper and maybe some sort of garnish( still working on that part). What you get is a pale pink filling with a fine texture and a bunch of protein.
When I worked for the caterer we made this dish with wild rice( Uncle Ben's), smoked turkey and mayo. The garnish was a simple slice of green olive with red pimento placed dead center of the egg half.
I made trays, and trays and trays and trays........

LLV 06-30-2007 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirak (Post 1753642)
I make turkey eggs. I toss the yolks. Then I take diced turkey lunch meat( usually Oscar Mayer Smoked turkey) and use Helman's " best life" mayo( it's not fat free) as a binder. This needs only a bit of pepper and maybe some sort of garnish( still working on that part). What you get is a pale pink filling with a fine texture and a bunch of protein.
When I worked for the caterer we made this dish with wild rice( Uncle Ben's), smoked turkey and mayo. The garnish was a simple slice of green olive with red pimento placed dead center of the egg half.
I made trays, and trays and trays and trays........

That sounds yummy!

onthetee 07-10-2007 06:59 PM

Good heavens! I love egg whites, and it NEVER occured to me that I could just stuff them with any ol' thing. I LOVE the fish idea. I am a sucker for tuna salad on toast. I really don't need more bread in my diet...but egg white...all protein and just plain yummy.

You all are freakin' genuises.:)