Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 05-28-2007, 08:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 189/156/129

Height: 5'3"

Question SUSHI! Is it good for you?

Hi

I am totally obsessed with sushi and can not live without it. I was wondering if anyone knew what sushis are good for you and which ones are bad for you. Thanks
cheez1285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 08:06 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/209/160

Height: 5'9

Well, you want to stay away from the rolls, which tend to have odd things like cream cheese or mayo or tempuraed shrimp in them. But all regular sushi (ngiri) is very good for you--all that delicious raw fish protein. Love it! You want to watch the quantity of rice though--that's where the calories are. An ideal sushi dinner would probably include sashimi as well as ngiri, ie, more fish, less rice.

I live 4 hours away from edible sushi. It is a great, grave injustice.
baffled111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 08:59 PM   #3  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

MMmmmm I haven't had good sushi in awhile either, though the closest edible sushi is only an hour away from me! I have no excuses

I love raw crab based sushi the mostest! But it is all good. Do stay away from the fried stuff though. I have a friend that only eats that..scared of the raw stuff LOL.

I wouldn't worry to much about the rice. There isn't THAT much LOL.
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 07:14 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 140/138/110

Height: 5"6

Depends on the sushi I think. I mean you have to look at the parts of it and how its made. Lots of places put tons of mayo in it which has lots of saturated fat which is BAD. Also white rice causes spikes in your blood sugar because it is so high on the glycemic index. Fish is good because it has filling protein and healthy fat. Veggies and seaweed in it are also good! I suggest buy a sushi mat and make it yourself with brown rice and little/no mayo then it will be good for you.
music addict is offline   Reply With Quote