v8

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • What do ya'll think about the original v8 vegtable juice?
  • What do we think about it? Like as in taste? Or nutrition information?

I personally prefer plain old tomato juice to V-8. And I don't like the low-sodium V-8. I end up dumping in my own salt for taste and that kind of defeats the whole purpose, so I may as well just buy the regular kind.
  • I really dislike tomato juice, and the fruit flavours it comes in are loaded with sugar. But I think the tomato version is great nutirition wise.

There is a great juice from SunRype .. they offer per glass 2 servings of veggies and fruit. No added sugar, other than the sugar from the fruits itself. Delicious.

I don't normally drink juice, but this one is a good one.
  • I actually asked this before I tried it. And I forgot I wrote this post lol. I went out and bough some and omg I did not like it at all. I poured some in a cup and I went ahead and chugged it down lol. Im not drinking it again though! no way lol
  • Quote: I actually asked this before I tried it. And I forgot I wrote this post lol. I went out and bough some and omg I did not like it at all. I poured some in a cup and I went ahead and chugged it down lol. Im not drinking it again though! no way lol
    Yes, it's an acquired taste

Again, I like plain old tomato juice better than V-8. But I don't drink it that often.
  • The SunRype tastes like fruit juice, and has more nutrients than the V8.

It is really tasty.

It has carrot juice, celery juice, spinach juice ... but tastes like mango or passionfruit.
  • Actually . . . I love V-8 . . . but I usually cut it with water (about 1/4 water to 3/4 juice) . . . I find it more enjoyable that way for some reason.
  • Personally, if it doesn't have vodka in it why bother? J/k.

Bloody Mary's aside, I'd rather get my fruits and veggies in whole form; more fiber and a lot less salt.
  • I buy the low sodium, 8 vegetable blend, not the plain tomato juice, and I think it's very palatable. I don't eat much salt to begin with so I don't notice so much the bland flavor, and it's very good for you.
  • I am a v8 addict!
  • I'm all about the V8. I prefer it room temp to cold.
  • I love V8, especially with vodka, hot sauce, and a couple of green olives I also like it with some black pepper or Mrs. Dash sprinkled in it.

You all are probably going EEEEEEEW now! ( I couldn't find a grossed out smiley to insert here!)

The fruity blends just don't taste right to me.

Amanda
  • Quote: I love V8, especially with vodka, hot sauce, and a couple of green olives
    I keep trying Bloody Marys, CERTAIN that one of these days I will like them because I love V8, and like cocktails, but I haven't liked one yet. It's soo not fair!
  • I think it is all in how you make them...A few years ago a friend and I were (drunkenly) experimenting and came across a "secret ingredient" that we put in ours-a sprinkle of Worcestershire sauce, plus the olives, hot sauce, and Mrs. Dash...mmmmmmmmm! Maybe you just need to mask the vodka flavor?

Amanda
  • I love V8 juice, with vodka or not (you just reminded me, I have vodka, V8 AND celery...that's a darn good Bloody Mary in the making!). I think it would be good to make stuffed peppers with it instead of tomato juice. I like to drink V8 as a snack. It's only got like 50 cals or something in it and it has a lot of flavor, so I feel like I've had a rich snack with plenty of salt (I'm a salt-o-holic). Go V8!