3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Food Talk And Fabulous Finds (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds-17/)
-   -   Holey Donuts - anyone tried? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds/108908-holey-donuts-anyone-tried.html)

AquaWarlock 04-03-2007 01:42 PM

Holey Donuts - anyone tried?

Having a wicked sweet tooth, I'm always on the lookout for healthier options for desserts (the 3FC's recommendation for Pennys Low Fat Desserts was good, by the way -- the muffins were moist & flavorful and pretty guilt-free).

Anyways, today my DailyCandy sent me an e-mail about Holey Donuts (www.holeydonuts.net), a company which does to donuts what Pennys does to muffins & cookies -- cutting out on fats & calories while keeping the flavor.

I'm tempted to order (the flavors alone had me drooling - blueberry crumb, boston creme, strawberry shortcake) but the prices are kinda steep ($24/dozen, or almost $2 a donut -- plus shipping & handling) so wondering if any 3FCers have tried these before and can share their experiences.

And of course, just because it's reduced-fat and calories doesn't mean we should go hog-wild on them -- but if I must indulge, might as well pick a *satisfying* treat that's comparatively healthier (and by satisfying I don't mean eating some chemical-ladened concoction that taste like cocoa powder sprinkled on cardboard - so taste factor is pretty big here too.)

Suzanne 3FC 04-03-2007 02:28 PM

They sound good! I came within a hair of placing an order but the shipping was too high to reach me. I can pay $24 for the dozen donuts, but shipping was an additional $32 :( Maybe it's cheaper for west coasters.

Btw, I love Daily Candy as well :) What a great resource for new things.

AquaWarlock 04-05-2007 07:36 PM

No luck here either -- it ships out of New York, so yea -- just shipping alone (to California, where I am) practically doubles the price of the already-expensive donuts. So yea -- maybe I'll try them the next time I'm in the Big Apple.

LLV 04-05-2007 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suzanne 3FC (Post 1638089)
They sound good! I came within a hair of placing an order but the shipping was too high to reach me. I can pay $24 for the dozen donuts, but shipping was an additional $32 :( Maybe it's cheaper for west coasters

$32 for shipping?

That's just plain ridiculous.

Another example of how food companies prey on people who are trying to eat healthier and hike up their prices because they know we'll pay it.

It's disgusting.

girl81 04-08-2007 06:18 AM

any ny'ers tried these yet?

ManhattanGal 01-27-2008 07:56 AM

I'm in NY and originally from CA. I am IN LOVE with these donuts. I have even had them shipped to my family in California and all I can say is that they are worth every penny. Boston Cream or even just the simple Glazed...they are mouth watering. You will not be disappointed.

girl81 02-14-2008 12:37 AM

another brand....
http://www.simplyscrumptous.com/Fit_...f%20donuts.htm

ManhattanGal 02-17-2008 07:46 AM

Thanks for the link, but those other ones even LOOK dry in the photos. Holey Donuts are not dry at all.

nineteen 02-17-2008 11:46 AM

$16 for shipping for me. :(

They do look good. However...where's the chocolate? Plus, you can't seem to choose which donuts you want in a dozen...you have to pick one of their sets.

Probably will have to pass on these. They do look yummy though.

walking2lose 02-17-2008 11:55 AM

Is NY the only place they can be bought - without having them shipped? I wonder if they will come to grocery stores? I see this is a very old (almost a year) thread, but doughnuts are one of my VERY favorite sweets, and I'd love to try these for a special occasion. I wish all doughnut makers would eliminate the fat/calories.