Low-Cal Blintzes

• Hey guys, found a really good recipe for blintzes that I wanted to share. While most blintzes are made with cream cheese, full strength eggs, milk, etc., this one is a much lighter take and actually from a Dean Ornish book. I made them this morning and both my DH and I thought they were great!

Cheese Blintzes

4 egg equivalent of fat-free egg substitute.
    1-1/4 cup skim milk
    2 tablespoons of sugar (I used Splenda)
    1/2 tablespoon vanilla
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    3/4 cup all purpose flour
    1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
    1/4 teaspoon almond extract

Stir together eggs, milk, 1 tablespoon of the sugar, vanilla, and salt. Whisk in flour. Let sit at room temperature for 10 minutes.

Using a food processor, mix cottage cheese, almond extract and remaining tablespoon sugar until smooth.

Spray a 10" Teflon pan with vegetable spray. Pour 1/4 cup batter into skillet and tip pan to form blintz. Brown on both sides. Spread about two tablespoons of filling across each blintz. Roll loosely and set side by side on a plate. Dust with powdered sugar or top with fruit or preserves. Two blintzes are 202 calories and 2.6 grams of fat.

I made about ten blintzes from this recipe and covered them with an easy blueberry syrup I made from frozen blueberries, a dash of Splenda, and some cornstarch for thickening.

Hope you like them too!!