Which Fast Food Place Do You Visit The Most?

You're on Page 2 of 5
Go to
  • Quote: I gave up fast food completely the day I changed my life.
    That's probably the best thing!

When I first started my new lifestyle, I went over a year without setting foot in a fast food restaurant. I had to give myself time to become 'trained' to trust myself with certain foods and trust myself to make better decisions. I stayed away from fast food and food buffets altogether. After about a year and a few months, I felt more confident that I could occasionally add in my "sinful" little treats without overdoing it. And I continued to lose weight because I simply counted everything in with my calories. But before I had myself 'trained', I wouldn't have trusted myself to walk into Taco Bell without ordering chili cheese burritos and mexican pizzas or a food buffet without going for every single thing that was breaded and fried. I had to get myself deep into that I don't want fat swimming through my veins mentality.

Now, thankfully, I'm very picky about that. If it's deep-fried, keep it away from me. If it's swimming in butter or cheese, I won't go near it. Probably the only deep-fried thing I eat now is when I have my SINFUL taco salad, which is a rare occurance. The shell is deep-fried, just like the shells they use on the mexican pizzas. And once in a very great while I have to have one piece of fried chicken, my absolute favorite thing in the world. I don't believe in deprivation, just extreme moderation.
  • Carls Jr - If I am running around and can't get to my food supplies or cook my own food, I get a BBQ chicken sandwich. 360 calories for lunch, 34 g of protein, and it will keep me going for a while until I am home and/or can get to healthier options.
  • I forgot about Panera. I like Panera too but it isn't my favorite sandwich shop. I like it a lot better than subway. One of my favorites is Atlanta Bread Company. I think their sandwiches are way better than Panera.

I guess its quasi fast food, but I also like kabob places too. DH and I will usually go to a kabob place nearby once a month and eat half an entree.
  • I can eat at all of them just fine!

Do you ever get the idea that you are taking a survey here

I don't think I would have STARTED a thread asking that question on 3FC after 1 post.

Seriously...what a way to "promote" your product.
  • Subway
    My kids are funny..............if I yell out "Subway", they yell back "Eat Fresh"!!!
  • Quote: I can eat at all of them just fine!

Do you ever get the idea that you are taking a survey here

I don't think I would have STARTED a thread asking that question on 3FC after 1 post.

Seriously...what a way to "promote" your product.
    Why do you assume it's someone promoting a product?
  • Quote:
    Why do you assume it's someone promoting a product?
    It is kind of a weird question to ask for someone just starting to post, I didn't read thru everyone's responses at first or the OPs stats.
  • I agree Jackie ~ because, Linda, the person only has one other post ~ also what Allison said in her post caught my eye. Not accusing here, just wondering. It just sounded like a plug for the chicken sandwich is all...to me!
  • cynics
  • Ok, You are all making me hungry!
    Do you know that you can get a healthier option at Taco Bell? The ranchero chicken soft taco Fresno style is yummy and has only 4 grams of fat. The cinnomon twists are a yummy low cal/low fat treat too! Other then that I get salads everywhere now at fast food places. Burger King has yummy grilled chix salad.
    Lisa
  • Panera, Tropical Smoothie, Chick-fil-a.
    I'll even admit that in the summer when I am out of the state at my summer job, I've been known on the really stressful weeks to drive 1 hour to chickfila in Delaware for some nuggets and ice tea. It's sad really, but true. Of course, it evens out then cause i just don't have time to eat anything on a regular basis!
  • just asking what's your fav. fast food.. don't get me wrong.. A friend of mine just told me what's new on Carl's, so i checked it out. I am not a frequent Carl's Jr. customer. When I do go, the food has always been very good.
  • Quote: I agree Jackie ~ because, Linda, the person only has one other post ~ also what Allison said in her post caught my eye. Not accusing here, just wondering. It just sounded like a plug for the chicken sandwich is all...to me!
    Hmmm, well, I don't know, I just answer questions.

LOL
  • Watching this thread and the identical one on the Cooking Light forum.....the response from the original poster is the same, too.

Quote:
    I am not a frequent Carl's Jr. customer. When I do go, the food has always been very good.
    At CL, they are referring to the post as a viral marketing device and several people there noticed the odd-ness of the post from a newbie.
  • Quote: Watching this thread and the identical one on the Cooking Light forum.....the response from the original poster is the same, too.

At CL, they are referring to the post as a viral marketing device and several people there noticed the odd-ness of the post from a newbie.
    I've never been to CL, until today, looking for the post you're talking about, but I never found it.