anyone know the nutrition info on this oatmeal?

• I know this is an odd question... sorry.

I like instant oatmeal alot. Its good for a quick breakfast or dinner when I don't feel like making something. Since they don't really sell it in japan (only flavour is mushroom) I get american friends to mail it to me. They take them out of the original boxes to save room.

Anyway, I have tried to find the nutritional information on this one but I'm not having any luck. Anybody recognize it and can help me out?

thanks

• You should be able to find it at calorieking.com. Hope that helps.
  • I actually have a box of this oatmeal in my cabinet! The brand name is Sturm's (which isn't on the individual packets).

Nutritional info:

Calories: 120
    -Calories from fat: 25
    Total fat: 2.5g
    -No saturated or trans fat
    -Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
    -Monounsaturated fat: 0.5g
    Cholesterol: 0mg
    Sodium: 90mg
    Potassium: 350mg
    Total Carb.: 22g
    -Dietary Fiber: 6g
    -Soluble Fiber: 4g
    -Sugars: 1g
    -Sugar Alcohols: 2g
    Protein: 4g

It looks like it is packed full of vitamins, too!!

Oops.. looks like I'm going to be late to class. Hope this helped!!!!
  • Mushroom oatmeal???
  • Quote: Mushroom oatmeal???
    That just sounds disgusting!
  • Two foods that I love - but together? Yuck.
  • The idea of mushroom oatmeal doesn't sound as gross to me - oatmeal itself can be savory or sweet (most folks prepare the latter) - I'd imagine that to be something like a mushroom risotto, with a nuttier (oattier?) flavor.
  • warlock--you know you're right. nelie posted a recipe for savory oats just the other day and I didn't think of it in that light.
  • Quote: The idea of mushroom oatmeal doesn't sound as gross to me - oatmeal itself can be savory or sweet (most folks prepare the latter) - I'd imagine that to be something like a mushroom risotto, with a nuttier (oattier?) flavor.
    I think I'll pass, lol.

It's a matter of expecting a certain flavor. Like the time I accidentally ate a big glob of wasabi thinking it was guacamole.

Woooooooooooo, let me tell you, I couldn't eat the rest of the day.
  • Quote:
    It's a matter of expecting a certain flavor. Like the time I accidentally ate a big glob of wasabi thinking it was guacamole.
    OUCH!