Old 12-07-2006, 06:19 PM   #31  

Hi everyone, I ended up doing the Power Mile with weights and some Power Yoga again today
CurlyGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 07:47 AM   #32  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

S/C/G: 223~211~150

Height: 5'3"

Good morning! I needed a short workout, so I did the 1 mile Express this morning. I don't know if I'll get more in tonight, but I'll try. DD has an away basketball game, so we have to be ready to go get her when she calls. DS wants to attend his first school dance (he's in 5th grade!) and we have to work out the logistics, since his school is in another town.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Michele
Michele L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 11:23 AM   #33  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Wow Michele, 5th grade dance??? I must be getting old - I didn't know they started that young. I hope he has a great time.

I did 3 miles jogging and 2 miles walking this morning. I really wanted to do 10 miles on the exercycle so I could listen to my audiobook (I'm listening to Dear John by Nicholas Sparks) and to gaze at the Christmas tree, but I knew I needed to keep jogging every few days.

Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 11:46 PM   #34  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Hi guys, I did 34 minutes this morning, walking and weight training.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 10:02 AM   #35  
Lifelong Journey Member

Happy Weekend Everyone!!!

I did 6 miles on the exercycle and I was able to do a higher resistance for a bit longer and easier this morning. DH and I are going to take the doggies for a walk when he gets up. Then Almost D-I-L and I are going over the mountain to go shopping. It should be a busy day!
Marie
Old 12-09-2006, 11:33 AM   #36  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

Tammy -- I just had to say that I noticed you lost quite a bit more weight --CONGRATULATIONS and GREAT job!!! You're such an inspiration!!!

I copied this from my email, but wanted to let all of you know what I found out from my doctor appointment. Thank you everyone for your concerns and prayers! My doctor said that the ultrasound showed my ovary looked really good and nothing wrong with it then. She said the horrible pain I've had off and on could have been cysts that I've had, but when they rupture, then the pain goes away. She said that the horrible pain I had on Monday, and then that it just all the sudden went away, could have been a cyst that had burst, and it wouldn't show up in the ultrasound unless it hadn't burst yet. She said she will still do surgery on me to remove the ovary if I want to, it's my choice. She said cysts can keep coming and going. She's so booked up that she cannot even do surgery until Feb or March, so I can always change my mind if I decide to, but I would have to be on hormone pills after surgery. Also, she said the surgery isn't done vaginally, but she first tries to go through where she inserts the camera lapriscopically?? and if that won't work, she would then have to make an incision through my abdomen, which is still a very long healing process of atleast 4-6 weeks. I've got times to think about it, but when the pain does come, it's absolutely horrible!
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 08:43 PM   #37  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

Well, as it turned out, the dance is NEXT Friday! It's more of a holiday party than a true dance, but that's what they call it. They'll have a DJ, but they will do four corners, limbo and other games. It's for the entire elementary (preschool thru 5th grade), so it's got to have LOTS of activities.

Today, I was shopping ALL day with my daughter. We found a few things, so I'm closer to being done. This evening, my son is having a sleepover and I spent part of the evening on my treadmill. I did 30 minutes at a rather slow pace, but bumping up the incline every minute til I reached 8%. Then I started back down. All in all I did 1.5 miles.

Tomorrow is my daughter's holiday recital at 2 and 7pm. My parents are coming up for the 2pm show. In between things I have to make treats for my advisor group at school AND fit in a walk!

Hope your weekend is going well!

Michele
Old 12-10-2006, 12:42 PM   #38  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

Good morning! I just finished the Power Mile with 3 pound weights and the WATP Express 1 mile! I want to do more, but we have DD's holiday recitals at 2 and 7 today. My parents are coming AND I have to bake treats for my advisor group!

Have a great Sunday!

Michele
Old 12-10-2006, 02:06 PM   #39  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Hi ladies,

I did the 5 mile DVD this morning (70 minutes). I'm playing catch up, as I took the day off yesterday to get some Christmas shopping done.

Marie, Can you describe the one mile jog DVD to me? I've tried the Walk and Jog dvd, so I'm guessing it is somewhat similar. I found then that doing the leg swing out thing (name?) while jogging was difficult. Is that a major movement in the one mile jog? If so, did it get easier for you as you continued? I'm considering getting it but wanted an opinion on it. Also, what software do you use to edit your dvds?

Michele, Good luck staying away from the baked goodies.

Michelle, Thanks for noticing the few more pounds gone. I'm so glad you went to the doctor to find out what's going on.

Hi Curlygrrl You're doing great as always!

Edited to add: 15 minutes on the power rider.

Last edited by jtammy; 12-10-2006 at 11:20 PM.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 07:59 AM   #40  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

Good morning! I did the Heart Healthy Walk this morning! It's going to be another BUSY week, but I think I have everything under control!

Have a great week!

Michele
Old 12-11-2006, 10:18 AM   #41  
In Search of Satisfaction

S/C/G: 190/187/160

Height: 5'7

Default Hi everyone!

I'm new to the board. . . I am currently using WATP Super Fat Burning 3 mile Walk . . . I do it on Mon, Wed, Fri . . . I would like to eventually move to the 5 mile dvd and also the jogging . . . does anyone have any info about the 1 mile jog dvd. . . I'd love to hear what you think of it!
sistahmaryisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 12:18 PM   #42  
Lifelong Journey Member

sistahmaryisis, I posted a little on the other thread on the jogging but to answer Tammy's and your questions about the jogging DVD, it's too short as it is. It was good for the first few times but then my body got used to the jogging continually and 1 miles was too short, so I started video editing.

The DVD as it is is about 3-4 minutes of a warm up walk, then 9 minutes of jogging then about 1-2 minutes of cool down. The leg swings aren't great. I do them for the variety and it doesn't hurt in the leat, just awkward. You can choose to jog instead (as Leslie suggests if you don't find them comfy). The leg lifts and the kicks are kick and pretty easy. Not a lot of arm work (okay very little) but I hold 1 pound weights to help and I use the arm/jogging position.

I use Magic DVD Ripper and Video Redo (both shareware - downloadable with a free trial version) to edit my DVDs. I made the 1st mile the warmup and jogging, then the 2nd mile just the jogging and then the last mile the jogging and cool down. That way I wasn't walking in the middle and I didn't have to push the remote to get to where I wanted to be.

Then after all that... I exercycled 10 miles this morning. I did jog yesterday morning before walking with the doggies.
Marie
Old 12-11-2006, 12:34 PM   #43  
In Search of Satisfaction

S/C/G: 190/187/160

Height: 5'7

Default Thanks MMarie

You're right . . . doesn't seem worth it . . . but good thinking with your editing! I think I'll just get the 5 mile walk instead . . . Thanks for the info!
sistahmaryisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 12:58 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 275/245/145

Height: 5'4"

Hello everyone! It's been a while since I've been around. A bit over a month to be exact. My last workout was on November 6th which was the day my bil passed away. I was swamped after he died, but then even when things settled down I just couldn't get myself back into working out. Finally figured out I think I was associating working out with his death I hadn't been able to workout much the two weeks prior to his death because of farming. November 6th was the first day I was able to work out again and then he died that night. It was just hard to not associate a workout with thinking about the day he died. I know that won't go away for a while...if ever really. But I told myself if I could just make it through last week when I had tons of appointments to make I would start working out again this week. So....here I am I'll start out slow because I'm still busy with Christmas looming but I'm going to work out as much as possible and then kick things up come January.

Today I did the 1 mile evening walk.

hoosiermomto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 01:25 PM   #45  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

KAREN...I'm so happy to see you back. My mom's death was in October, and I still haven't been able to get back into the routine fully yet. Just don't rush yourself, or listen to any comments you may get from people that think there should be a time limit on grieving. You will get back on track again when you're fully ready, and that's perfectly fine. I'm having a very hard time getting into the holidays this year. I hope you have a wonderful day.
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote