Old 12-18-2006, 12:56 PM   #76  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi all, I did a 3 mile jog this morning and will walk the doggies later today to make the 5 miles. It's in the single digits so I'm waiting for it to warm up.

Kodiak and I have another private doggie training lesson. I'm pretty sure he hates school. But I really want to work on the outdoor walking so hopefully the trainer will be receptive to that. He was a prince on the indoor training, but take him on a walk and he's a donkey.

Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 01:15 PM   #77  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

S/C/G: 223~211~150

Height: 5'3"

Wow! It sounds like everyone is doing GREAT! I did another 25 minutes on the treadmill last night and did .05 mile further in the same time! This morning, I did the 3 mile stretchie workout from the 5 mile DVD! I love when I can get a longer workout done in about the same time! Only 35 minutes, but a whole extra mile!

I finished my shopping this weekend, so now it's time to dig into the wrapping and the baking! We don't have much going on this week at night, so that's my plan! I finished the cards last night and they went to the post office already, too!

Have a great week before Christmas!

Michele
Michele L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 07:57 AM   #78  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

Everyone must be busy with the approaching holidays!

I did the 3 mile ab belt workout from the 5 mile DVD this morning!

Have a great day!

Michele
Old 12-19-2006, 09:35 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 275/245/145

Height: 5'4"

Whew!! I did the old style two mile, the one that is just 25 minutes. I made it through, but boy I forgot how challenging that one was!!
hoosiermomto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 11:05 AM   #80  
Lifelong Journey Member

I walked 3 miles this morning and will walk 2 more with the doggies a little later. I don't feel great - perhaps a touch of a cold. I've lost my voice two mornings in a row but so far it seems to be coming back. Just a little sore throat. So I decided not to jog. Oh and I started using my almost DIL's ab lounger today. I don't hold high hopes for my flabby mid section after years of being overweight and having 2 kids, but I can try - right???

Michele, we're on the same track - I finished my shopping and decided to try something novel - wrap a little bit every day instead of cramming on Christmas Eve. So far the packages look so much prettier than in years past. And I also did my Christmas letter and cards last night. DH is dropping them at the post office on his way to work.

And while I was sleeping, my family started doing demolition work on my DH's gingerbread house (I'm thinking he's the one that took the wrecker ball to the roof). There's now a gaping hole in the roof and much of the candy is missing. And it was so pretty...
Marie
Old 12-19-2006, 07:14 PM   #81  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Hi guys, I walked outside in the park today for 70 minutes (either 4 and 1/4 or 4 and 1/2 miles, I lost track).
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 07:16 PM   #82  
~~Maintainer!~~

Duplicate post - How did I do that?
Old 12-20-2006, 07:50 AM   #83  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

Good morning all! I baked Toffee Crisps and Butter Balls last night, so my baking is on its way. I even managed to (mostly) stay out of them! Tonight hubby has to bake cookies for the Scouts' cookie exchange tomorrow night. After that, I will step in and do one more recipe, whichever is the least time-consuming after hubby's foray into the kitchen.

This morning I did the 2 mile Express workout. I probably SHOULD have done 3, but I just wanted a slightly lighter day. It's been SO hectic at school AND home, that I just needed to give myself a bit of a break!

Hope everyone else is getting done what they need to--WITHOUT too much stress!

Michele
Old 12-20-2006, 09:31 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 275/245/145

Height: 5'4"

I did a 2 mile walk today by doing the 1st mile of the 5 mile DVD two times in a row using 2 lb weights. I like that walk

I've decided to set a mini-goal of getting back to 3 miles each workout consistently by the 8th of January. I could have probably hung in for 3 miles, but I'm so pressed for time and have so many things to do I decided to stick with 2. If I can just make it through Christmas getting 2 miles in a day and then get all the decorations down and stored away I think things will hopefully calm down enough again once the kids are back in school on January 2nd for me to ramp things up a bit again.

hoosiermomto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 11:01 AM   #85  
Lifelong Journey Member

Karen, that sounds like a good plan. I like Mile 2 from the 5 miler - the "fastest walk". I did it 3 times today. It's the one I edit in with my jogging mile. For some reason, some of the other miles in the video bug me. I don't know why.

Michele, when's your winter break? My vacation started on Monday and I don't go back till the 2nd. Of course after the stress is done, the cold virus that's been sidelined for weeks hit full force. It's sort of an annual thing now.

Marie
Old 12-20-2006, 12:03 PM   #86  

Hi everyone...

Tammy- thanks for the well wishes! My knee is still doing pretty well so I'm very happy. And I think you are right on the maintenance calories- I don't want to get all miserable over the holidays and deny myself all the nice things to eat, and personally I'm looking forward to kick starting everything again in the new year! And I hope you do get over here one day, I'm sure you will find lots of things you will enjoy, and yes, London at Christmas time is pretty magical I have to admit! Although not so much right now, we seem to be getting a lot of fog at the moment so you can't see much at all at some times of the day!

And catching up again- on Monday I did the WATP mile with weights, followed by 45 minutes of yoga, on Tuesday I did a couple of hours of outdoor walking, and today I did 45 minutes of yoga again
CurlyGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 09:32 PM   #87  
~~Maintainer!~~

Hi ladies, I walked in the park for 35 minutes this morning.

Karen, Your plan sounds good, and most importantly it sounds do-able. I think I overestimated how much time I would have in December, and I may not make my goal.

Marie, I hope you enjoy your time off. I'm enjoying mine so much.

Michele, You must have more willpower than I do right now to resist homemade cookies.

Curlygrrl, I sure hope to get over there some day. DH promised me that when I get to goal, my reward would be a trip to Europe, but I know that he hasn't saved any money for that purpose, so I'm not holding my breath.
Old 12-21-2006, 08:02 AM   #88  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

Good morning! I did the 3 mile weights workout from the 5 mile DVD this morning! It feels good to be able to keep up with this even when I'm being pulled in a million different directions!

Marie, our break starts at 1:15 tomorrow and we go back on the 3rd. I wish we had a bit more before the holiday, but what can you do?

I didn't do any baking last night, and I managed to stay out of what I made on Tuesday. We went out for Mexican last night and then hubby came home and made the cookies he needed for Scouts. I'll do more while the guys are caroling tonight. Maybe I can talk DD into wrapping while I bake.......

Have a great Thursday!

Michele
Old 12-21-2006, 11:26 AM   #89  
Lifelong Journey Member

Tammy, get your hubby on the ball. My goodness, you've lost 131 pounds!!! At least he can start saving. BTW, other than getting another cold, I am enjoying my vacation. Someday I need to learn how to get sick during work so that I don't have to use vacation time when I'm sick. I never seem to grasp that.

Michele, I'll be thinking of you at 1:15 (11:15 my time). I know you're going to be one happy chickie.

I did 3 miles walking again this am. I did jog when the segment was jog, but I'm not ready to get back to a full jog mile. Maybe tomorrow. I've had sporatic fevers the last few days and so far today, none. So I have hope.
Marie
Old 12-21-2006, 04:53 PM   #90  

Tammy- I agree with Marie- how about you buy your hubby a big piggy bank as a holiday gift

Marie- I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that the fevers stay away

Today I did the 1 mile WATP with weights and some power yoga. Hope you are all doing OK everyone!

Last edited by CurlyGrrl; 12-22-2006 at 04:19 AM.
CurlyGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote