Old 10-01-2006, 07:26 AM   #1  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

S/C/G: 223~211~150

Height: 5'3"

Wink WATP~October Daily Check-in

Hello all you beautiful walkers! This is the thread for people who use Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds! Feel free to stop by and report your walks and progress toward your goals! Or if you just want to ask a question, we're here for you!

WALK, WALK, WALK!!!!!

Michele
Michele L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 10:23 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 275/245/145

Height: 5'4"

Did the 3 mile with 3 lb weights this morning. Haven't set my mind on a goal yet this month. DH farms (as well as working a fulltime job, such fun LOL) and we're going to be in the fields soon getting corn and soybeans out and I'm going to be busy running meals to him and running wagons to the grain elevator so I'm kind of afraid to set a goal too high and miss it and discourage myself. But I don't want to set one to low either....ugh. What to do? What to do?
hoosiermomto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 12:46 PM   #3  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hey Karen, maybe you could do the counting minutes instead - adding in all the extra physical work you'll be doing this month. As long as you keep moving you'll be great.

I did a 2 mile jog and 1 mile walk this morning. I set my goal for 85 miles and 30 miles jogging (a little higher than I put on yesterday's post).

Today is lazy morning/afternoon - watching football and Nascar (both TVs are set up). Sort of boring but it's a family affair.

Talk to you all later.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 01:38 PM   #4  
Walk/Low Carb Away Pounds

S/C/G: 190/178.8/170

Height: 5'3-1/2"

Hi everyone. I did the Walk & Jog this morning. I am going to aim for 50 miles this month.
MsChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 01:59 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/185/140

Talking

Hello! I found you guys again! I got my birthday WATP dvd's and am starting them tomorrow! They are "Walk and Kick" and "Firm Up Fast Walk." Yeaaaaaaaaah!!!

CONGRATS to everyone here for meeting their September walk goals!! I should know how to set mine after I do a couple of days!
Zzann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 02:21 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 226.6/190/160

I am Janette and I am a walker. I usually walk for about 2 hours a day. I am setting a goal for myself to walk/exercise 3 hours a day (6 days a week) for this month of October. I have a treadmill and exercise DVD'd but I like to walk outside when possible.

Last edited by scalewatcher; 10-02-2006 at 06:29 AM.
scalewatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 03:41 PM   #7  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

Yay, we have new walkers! My son and I did the 1 Mile Super Challenge so he could warm up before the big flag football game this afternoon! I'll do another mile or two while he's at the pizza party!

UPDATE: I added the 2 mile Express while my son was having pizza!

Keep walking!

Michele

Last edited by Michele L; 10-01-2006 at 04:36 PM.
Old 10-01-2006, 09:24 PM   #8  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

Height: 5'7"

My goal for the month of October is to walk 25 miles. I do the 2-mile High-Calorie Burn three days a week (or try to) and I'm trying to get better about it, so I'm trying to stay accountable on here. Good luck to me, and good luck to all of us for this month!
Nikaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 08:36 AM   #9  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Hi to the new walkers! Unfortunately, I was 47 minutes shy of my September goal. I had to leave on a business trip yesterday and I spent all day Saturday getting the kids settled in with my sister while I would be gone (DH came with me), shopping for clothes (I have nothing that fits anymore), doing housework, and packing. I was up until 2 am Sunday morning (with a 6 am flight) and still never had time to exercise. Too bad running in circles doesn't count.

But I'm convinced that I should have and could have met my goal, so I'm adding 50 minutes to it for a 1000 minutes in October goal. Yesterday I walked 45 minutes, 30 minutes at the DFW airport and 15 minutes later (all uphill) in the afternoon at one of the ski resorts we visited. We're in Salt Lake City, so I'll do some walking after my meetings in the afternoon, looking around. I went down to the exercise room this morning, but all of the treadmills were already taken, so I came back to my hotel room and did my 3 mile express (50 minutes).

Michele, I don't think I ever congratulated you on hitting onederland. So: . When I read that you made it, I was cheering you on nonetheless.

Have a great day everyone!
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 10:11 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 275/245/145

Good Monday morning!!! I did the one mile power walk with 3 lb weights two times this morning while the boys were having their breakfast. Just finished up the 3 mile express with stretchie band.

Tammy, congrats on the clothes shopping!!!! That's wonderful. Expensive, but a wonderful feeling

hoosiermomto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 11:34 AM   #11  
Resident Witchling

Just a question - what is "onederland"?
Old 10-02-2006, 02:20 PM   #12  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Nikaia, onederland is see a 1 as the first of 3 digits as opposed to a 2 or 3. A major milestone. Great thing you're already there.

Tammy, Salt Lake is beautiful. Have a wonderful time. BTW, I'd much rather Leslie's DVDs instead of a boring treadmill with strangers. Eeks, I don't think I could do it. Now, if they had a pool, I'd be in it.

Hi Janette, I love walking outdoors too. One part that I hate/love is I live in the mountains and there is no flat walking. Sometimes the hills are just too big.

I did 1 mile jog and 2 mile walk this morning. So far so good for October.

Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 03:45 PM   #13  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

Good afternoon, walkers! I did the 2 mile Abs workout this morning! Hoping for another mile or two tonight, but I'm getting a perm, so it may or may not happen.

Have a great week!

Michele
Old 10-02-2006, 04:38 PM   #14  
Resident Witchling

Ahh, thanks for explaining Marie. Yeah, that does sound like a heck of a milestone - and in fact, that was what jolted me into working on losing weight...I was 2 pounds shy of leaving onederland for the first time in my life.

I did the 2-mile High Calorie Burn this morning, and I noticed progress - it wasn't nearly as hard as it was last week. Yay!
Old 10-02-2006, 05:33 PM   #15  

Hi everybody, and welcome to all the new walkers

This month I am going for minutes- I feel the need to do a bit more toning and strength training as well as my walking, and I've been doing a bit more yoga again lately, so it would be nice to be able to include all of that, plus I have a couple of new non Leslie workouts I haven't tried out yet so I'd love to give them a go. I'm aiming for 1000 minutes (yay, Tammy, just realised we have the same goal!) total, no idea if I will get there, but I thought it would be a fun challenge! I'll still be tracking my miles walked in my sig line too.

I did a short Tae Bo workout Sunday evening, and today I did the 2 mile with weights DVD
CurlyGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote