Old 08-08-2006, 05:25 PM   #166  

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone! I know I have not been around at all in the past month or more, but I am back now and ready to JAM! I will be doing Cardio 3 days a week and either Turbo Sculpt and Ab Jam or Ab Jam and free weights 3 days a week. It is time for me to kick it into high gear and get these pounds off permanently!!

You ladies are doing fantastic!!! I wish I had your dedication! My weight has not budged at all for me and it is so hard to stay motivated. I am having to dig very deep to keep from diving into a half gallon of Edy's!

Soccer will be starting up very soon and I will be coaching my 1st graders team, so I need to get back in gear so these 6 year olds do not run me down out there!
Will check back again very soon!
Darcy
nail-lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 09:12 AM   #167  
Determined 2 meet my goal

S/C/G: 197/175/150

Height: 5.4

Wink Done with Vacation

Hello ladies,
just back again from a vacation trip. I've only been in town for 2 days in two weeks.

I must admit I did not always eat well, so I gained 1.5 lbs.

Gotta get ready for my day and get to moving to the gym. I will plug in to the TJ workout later.

Good to see ya'll still here.
sigma3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 10:48 AM   #168  
No More Excuses

S/C/G: 220/203/160

Got my workout done yesterday...had tons of energy. Did okay with the food...couldn't stop munching on cashews and this is bad 'cause they're loaded with calories/fat. Hoping for a better day 2day.

Hey there Nail-lady & Sigma3 ~~ Thx for not forgetting about us. I saw Chalene on QVC last night and it really hyped me up...after the show was over, I got up and did the standing portion of Ab Jam. Even though I've been trying to throw other types of workouts in the mix, I always look forward to TJ...it's just so much fun. Hope y'all will continue to check in from time to time.

Have a good day every1.
bbobsgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 06:58 PM   #169  
Dee

S/C/G: 172/158/150

Height: 5' 6''

Default 10/10 Challenge Day 3

Man, I can't believe I have been sticking with this diet! I think that since my braces are hurting my teeth that that is probably helping. haha

Glad to see sigma3 and nail-lady back! Hope you guys had a fun vacation! Don't worry about that weight sigma3, we all know you'll work it off! As long as you had fun!!!

bbobsgrl- You're doing great girl! Stick with me!!!

I PRESSED Play today even though I was sore from mowing the grass yesterday!!!
luvhandlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 09:37 PM   #170  
No More Excuses

Luvhandlz ~~ I'm still with you...I'm committed to stay the course. I've done really well with the eating today, too...didn't even have a craving for those cashews today. I finished CP Remix and 3T about 30 minutes ago. You're doing awesome, too...even mowed the lawn...WOW!!

I've gotta run for now...need to buy batteries for my mouse 'cause it's giving me fits. Have a good night and I'll check in with you again tomorrow.
Old 08-10-2006, 05:34 PM   #171  
Dee

Default 10/10 Challenge Day 4

Just checking in! I did my workout this morning and boy is it hard getting back into the swing of things. I didn't workout for 2 weeks and it is kicking my butt!

I am excited because I finally get to work normal hours starting next week. But then again it's gonna be harder for me to workout in the morning. Cause I know my lazy butt isn't gonna get up at the crack of dawn to TJ. haha

Well, hope all is well with everyone! Keep Jammin!
Old 08-11-2006, 10:20 AM   #172  

I am finding it a little difficult to get myself motivated to workout....I know that I will feel better if I get to it, it's the getting to it that I don't seem to have the ambition for. Today is another day and I will try harder.....
Darcy
Old 08-11-2006, 10:57 AM   #173  
Braxton & Baylie's MiMi

Nail-Lady,

I know exactly how you feel!! Ever since I returned from vacation, it has been a struggle to get back with the program. I can find all sorts of excuses to put it off.

My friend, Ruby, is reading a very interesting book called "Flip the Switch" it is a book about revving up your metabolism and the Metabolic Syndrome. I have copied a few pages from it and plan to purchse it from the Rodale Website next week (payday!). One of the suggestions is to exercise for at least 30 minutes first thing in the morning! It starts your metabolism going for the whole day. There are 14 switches in all and I can't remember them right now. You might check the book out. It will allow you to print the first 16 pages and gives you the Table of Contents. I think it would be good reading for anyone trying to lose or for those who have reached a plateau and can't seem to move those scales.

You are so close to your goal weight. Just remember that the only way to get there is to keep pushing "play" and eating correctly. You've worked too hard and lost too much to give up now.

Good Luck
Linda
Turbomimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 09:17 PM   #174  
Dee

Default 10/10 Challenge Day 5

Hey all! I didn't do my workout this morning. I get off of work at 10pm tonight so I'm going to try to go home and get my workout done. I am still doing good with the eating though.

Darcy, I'm with Turbomimi, you have worked too hard to give up now. And wow! You really are close to your goal!!! I never noticed that. Probably cause I'm always in a hurry when I'm reading the posts. Anyhow, I guess I was feeling like you this morning. No motivation to press play. Actually, at first I didn't wanna workout then I started picking up around the house and wanted to workout after that but by that time I had to get ready for work.

Alright well I just wanted to let everyone know how proud I am of them. I really am. And thanks for being my support through all of this. CHEERS!!!
Old 08-14-2006, 06:02 PM   #175  

Linda and Dee~you are SOOOOO right! I am close to goal, but I have been within 20-25lbs from goal for what seems like forever! I actually was 10 lbs lighter this time last year, but I was not well (that's how I lost that 10lbs) then when the Dr figured out the problem and fixed me, I needed recovery time, then I just stayed lazy until I saw that I had gained back 15 lbs!! yuk! That's when TJ came into play, now I just need to dig deep and get back on track!

I get so discouraged with the plateau's, for a while I keep at it, but when I don't see the scale move, I get discouraged. I started measuring myself, but then the inches come off a bit slow and I am impatient. I know that I did not gain this weight overnight, but I sure would like to lose it that way!!!

I started to lift some weights this morning, but my heart was not in it, so I threw in the towel. BUT......your encouragement has gotten to me, SOOOOOO I am going to get off here and head to the living room and push play! I promise I will do ATLEAST 20 minutes of exercise right now. I will check back tomorrow.

Thanks ladies!!!
Darcy
Old 08-16-2006, 08:23 AM   #176  

OK. I did not get a chance to check in yesterday, but I did go into the Living room and push play Monday evening!! Actually, I pushed play twice!! I figured since I had promised to do 20 minutes, I would do the 20 min workout, but then it felt so great that I went ahead and did the burn too. Yeah!!

I did not have time yesterday to do a workout, but I did go to Singer Castle in Alexandria Bay and walked and walked and walked for many hours, so I figure that counts too. This morning I went for a walk with DH, his sis and his mom....that was very nice. We walked about 2.5 miles and that felt great! So, I am trying and I think the effort is paying off some, so I need to keep at it. I think that I will do TJ tomorrow AM, just not sure which one, maybe Turbo Sculpt.

Thanks again ladies for all of your encouragement, it is greatly appreciated!!
Darcy
Old 08-18-2006, 12:12 PM   #177  
No More Excuses

Default Anybody here???

Just wanted to drop by and say "hello" and to report that I'm still jammin' and just loving this workout. I recently purchased Core Rhythms and will try to throw it in the mix once or twice weekly...that is, if I like it (I'm still waiting for it to be delivered). I haven't weighed lately, nor have I taken measurements but my clothes are super loose...which is a really great feeling. BTW...I dusted off my treadmill, reloaded my iPod and I'm ready to start walking again tomorrow. My plan is to walk 20 minutes in the A.M. and TJ in the evenings after work. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

I hope everyone is well and hope to hear from you all soon. Take care.

Julie