Old 06-30-2006, 11:27 PM   #1  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

Default WATP ~ JULY: Daily Check In

THIS GROUP LOVES TO WORK OUT TO LESLIE SANSONE'S WATP! PLEASE JOIN IN WITH US JUST TO CHAT ABOUT YOUR DAY OR TO CHECK IN AND BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR YOUR DAILY EXERCISE!!!

Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 11:36 PM   #2  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Wow, I forgot that July was coming already! I asked a question in my last thread in the June post, but since that one is closed, I'll ask it here:

I am getting a bit bored with my workouts and want to order a few new DVD's. I really want the 3 mile express, the 4 mile express, and the 5 mile advanced walk. Do any of you have these, and what do you think of them? Also, how does the 3 mile express walk differ from the 3 mile Super Fat Burning Walk? Thanks in advance!

Happy walking in JULY, ladies!
Cassie501107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 12:15 AM   #3  

CASSIE--I'm sorry, I should have copied your post over to this thread. I do have all three of these dvds, but I still haven't done them yet...sorry! I know Michele has, and she told Tammy, in a post on the other thread, I think a couple of days ago, about the 5 mile workout. You might look back and see what she said about it. I know the 3 and 4 miles videos, they are very fast paced and I don't think you use weights in them. I'm sure Michele will be able to explain them better. I need to decide about my July goal by tomorrow morning. I'm restarting EVERYTHING tomorrow, and I'm ready again to be focused and on track! Have a good night.
Old 07-01-2006, 12:24 AM   #4  
Red Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellerp
CASSIE--I'm sorry, I should have copied your post over to this thread. I do have all three of these dvds, but I still haven't done them yet...sorry! I know Michele has, and she told Tammy, in a post on the other thread, I think a couple of days ago, about the 5 mile workout. You might look back and see what she said about it. I know the 3 and 4 miles videos, they are very fast paced and I don't think you use weights in them. I'm sure Michele will be able to explain them better. I need to decide about my July goal by tomorrow morning. I'm restarting EVERYTHING tomorrow, and I'm ready again to be focused and on track! Have a good night.

Michelle~ No problem about copying it over here! I don't mind typing!
Good luck with your JULY goals--you CAN do it, sweetie!
Old 07-01-2006, 09:13 AM   #5  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

S/C/G: 223~211~150

Height: 5'3"

Cassie, the 4 mile Super Challenge is a very intense workout. In some ways, I feel as though I get a better cardio workout than the 5 mile (though I LOVE that one, too)! It uses no booster, but adds some variations to the side-step that I enjoy. It takes about an hour to do the 4 miles.

The 3 mile Express is great, too. It uses a stretchie for arm work, which is different than the ab belt cords. When mine from Leslie broke, I found a set of 3, with different resistances at Walmart for about $10 (in case you don't have any). The workout does basically the same steps, though the music and pace is a bit different. The arm work IS different and I enjoy it for variety. It's been awhile since I did that one, so I may not be remembering much detail. I'll do it sometime soon so I can tell you more!

Happy Walking!

Michele
Michele L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 11:02 AM   #6  
Red Team Member

Thanks alot Michele! What is a booster?...I've heard of it, but am not quite sure what it is, lol.
Old 07-01-2006, 11:38 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassie501107
Thanks alot Michele! What is a booster?...I've heard of it, but am not quite sure what it is, lol.
CASSIE--A booster is the stretchie bands and ab belt, and I know there are some others. I have both of them because they came with some of the dvds I bought, but I haven't used them yet. Since I'm starting back today with being OP, I'm hoping to try them out soon, but for right now, I'm going to be walking up at the park, and getting used to doing the 1 & 2 mile dvds again.
Old 07-01-2006, 12:07 PM   #8  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

S/C/G: 223~211~150

Height: 5'3"

The third booster is the weights. Leslie has weighted balls filled with water or sand, but I just use 3 pound dumbbells or the new soft hand weights she sells with the 5 mile. They say that for every mile of WATP you walk you burn 100 calories if you just do the arm movements, but you burn 125 if you use the booster. I love them!

Since you asked about the 3 mile Express, I went and did that one this morning! It's pretty much like I described. The same basic movements as her other workouts with a few variations (double knee lifts, knee lifts moving forward and back, etc). It's a good workout, helped by using the stretchie.

I'll be out of town starting tomorrow late morning til sometime on Tuesday, so no WATP for me. I'll still be walking, but on the trails at Boy Scout Camp. Every year, they host a Family Camp over the 4th of July weekend. You get full access to their facilities (bb gun range, archery range, pool, climbing wall, etc) plus group activities (potluck meal, camp sponsored breakfast, movie night, etc). It's inexpensive and FUN and much less crowded than going to a regular campground!

If I'm not back tonight or tomorrow, have a great weekend!!!

Michele
Michele L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 08:47 PM   #9  

Michele--That sounds like lots of fun for your family! Enjoy yourself and we'll see ya when you get back!
Old 07-01-2006, 10:02 PM   #10  
Red Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michele L
The third booster is the weights. Leslie has weighted balls filled with water or sand, but I just use 3 pound dumbbells or the new soft hand weights she sells with the 5 mile. They say that for every mile of WATP you walk you burn 100 calories if you just do the arm movements, but you burn 125 if you use the booster. I love them!

Since you asked about the 3 mile Express, I went and did that one this morning! It's pretty much like I described. The same basic movements as her other workouts with a few variations (double knee lifts, knee lifts moving forward and back, etc). It's a good workout, helped by using the stretchie.

I'll be out of town starting tomorrow late morning til sometime on Tuesday, so no WATP for me. I'll still be walking, but on the trails at Boy Scout Camp. Every year, they host a Family Camp over the 4th of July weekend. You get full access to their facilities (bb gun range, archery range, pool, climbing wall, etc) plus group activities (potluck meal, camp sponsored breakfast, movie night, etc). It's inexpensive and FUN and much less crowded than going to a regular campground!

If I'm not back tonight or tomorrow, have a great weekend!!!

Michele

Haha! Here I thought that a 'booster' was a seperate workout. I use the 3lb weights with my walks, so I guess I do use a 'booster'. I ordered Turbo Jam today! So I am excited to mix that in with my WATP workouts, and I am going to order the 3 and 4 mile express soon. Thanks for your help, ladies...I appreciate it!

Michele, have a GRRRREAT weekend!

Morning Workout~ Tae Bo Cardio

Evening Workout~ 2 Mile High Calorie Burn w/3lb weights.
Old 07-01-2006, 11:55 PM   #11  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Hi Ladies, Just checking back in. I haven't done my WATP since I twisted my ankle, but I *think* I'll be ready to go again tomorrow. I'm going to try to go to the park and walk a mile in the morning before church.

Cassie, I usually do the 3 mile express and I like it lots. It's fast moving and the 50 minutes go by pretty quickly. The thing I like best is that each mile is exactly 3 songs. So I always know where I am between miles. Maybe she does this on other tapes, but I haven't picked up on that if she has.

I'm going to try to order the 5 mile dvd in the next few days. From Michele's description and the reviews I read at videocollage.com, I think I'll like it.

Michele, I hope you and your family have a great fun weekend.

Michelle, Have you decided on a goal yet for July? I'm aiming for 60 miles., but I don't exactly have a great start yet...

Hope you all have a beautiful and fun weekend and 4th of July holiday.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 12:18 AM   #12  

Tammy--I'm going to set my July goal for 40 miles, and hope that I can do more, but without knowing exactly what my limit is with getting back to exercise, I'm not quite sure, so that's a start. I'm so sorry about your ankle, and hope it's feeling better by tomorrow.
Old 07-02-2006, 09:17 AM   #13  
Red Team Member

I sure hope your ankle gets better, Tammy! Don't over-do it too soon though, or it could get worse!

Today is a rest day, and I am going to use today to re-evaluate my exercise and eating. Soooo, after I get home from church, I am going to sit down with my weight loss notebook, and come up with a better plan, because I just don't like the way that I am eating....I'll do fine all day until just before bedtime...then I raid the 'fridge.
Talk to you all later, have a GREAT day!
Old 07-02-2006, 10:20 AM   #14  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. Ankle is definitely better. I walked 1 and 1/2 miles today at the park. Ankle twinged a bit, but I don't think I overdid it.

Michelle, I think 40 miles is a reasonable number when you're getting back with the program. After this month, we'll both have a better idea of what our goal should be. I just kinda picked 60 miles out of the sky and said yeah, I'll aim for that.

Cassie, I just noticed your ticker! I didn't realize you were so close to 50 lbs gone forever! That's great! Good that you recognize that you need to re-evaluate your eating plan. If you don't like it, it's probably not something you can live with forever. Good luck with that!
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 02:21 PM   #15  

Cassie--You seem to be doing SO good right with what you're doing! Your weight loss is great! I hope you get everything worked out to work the best for you. I still don't even have a good concept of how I want things to go. I seem to have different ideas a lot, and change my mind thinking that something else will work out better, and I seem to be getting nowhere! So do you write everything you eat and do down in a book? If so, how do you do everything; I would really love to hear your way of it.

Tammy--Great job that you were able to get some walking in at the park this morning, even with your injured ankle. I know you're very determined and won't give up -- WAY TO GO!!!