Old 07-05-2006, 12:31 AM   #61  
Determined 2 meet my goal

S/C/G: 197/175/150

Height: 5.4

bbobsgrl- any progress is a great thing. I do understand but you are probably gaining muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat. I have add some supplements to help me-CLA and pyruvate and Omega-3. And I do more whey protein shakes than the suggested meals- I had to alter the menu but I love the shakes. If you like I can send you some great recipes.
keep up the good work.
tracy
sigma3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 01:37 AM   #62  

I was so tired but I did the CP before midnight on the 4th of July. I almost did not make it...but I just looked over at the picture of myself of how I use to look not to many years ago and then I just kept on going.

I had a great 4th in the eating terms. I stay away from the bbq and the other fatting foods my family tried to give me. Then I went off to the mall to get the Nike Shox especially made for working out on the carpet and on the treadmill. I already had several pairs of Shox in every possible color but I could not work out in them because they felt so heavy. But, tonight, I purchased a pair that where so light and I will test them out on the treadmill in the morning.

Well, good night everyone.....
Old 07-05-2006, 09:05 AM   #63  

WTG Sigma3!!! You go girl!!!
I did really well on my eating ,but I didn't get my TJ done~I was on a date so maybe I sweated some off being nervous...
Tomorrow is our results day!I'm down 4 pounds since starting this 10 day & that's w/my "Aunt Flo" here so I'm anxious to see my measurements,but last time I lost inches & no weight so maybe this time will be weight & no inches~I'll take what I can get!
Keep jammin ladies!!!
2CMEAGAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 11:01 AM   #64  
No More Excuses

S/C/G: 220/203/160

Sigma3 ~~ You're right, any progress is better than no progress at all. I'm feeling much better today...I guess it was just one of those days. I actually see some muscle definition in my arms today...probably from the weighted gloves I've been using while TJammin'. You'll have to tell me more about your supplements and whey protein. Which brands are you using? And yes, please share a few of your recipes with me. BTW, I'm giving you a *high five* for working it late last night...that's true dedication...you inspire me. I hope you like your new Shox.

2cmeagain ~~ Congratulations on your 4 lb. loss. I'm sure you'll be down several inches as well. Keep it up.

Momtoseany ~~ I don't like the squats either in CP1, but I've modified them a bit and it's not too bad. I made that part into more of a dance step...my knees just can't take it at my current weight. I love CP2, also...but haven't tried CP3. After previewing it, I thought I should wait before embarking on that journey.

Hamster ~~ I hope you had fun at your July 4th parade. BTW, you look great in your pix.

Turbomimi ~~ I've missed you. Where are you? I hope all is well.

Have a great day everybody. Take care.
bbobsgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 02:34 PM   #65  
Braxton & Baylie's MiMi

Hello Jammers!

I'm back to work from my short 4 day vacation. I did very well over the holiday except for 1 chili dog! Still managed to lose a pound. I have missed everyone and realized just how much I rely on y'all for support and just sharing in your accomplishments.

I have been doing CP but have also been doing other programs such as Slim in 6 for variety. I friend shared her DVD with me. It is not as intense and gives my body a chance to do exercise on a lower level. I know that I'm burning more calories with TJ though.

Hampster!! You have really done a great job of losing those inches. I can see a change in your arm definition. You are look'n Good!!

I have loads of work on my desk, so better sign off for now. I'll check in with my results tomorrow.

Linda
Turbomimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 02:54 PM   #66  

bbobsgrl-thanks for the kudos.
The supplements I take are the Omega-3, which is great for your heart and skin. It has other benefits too, I can tell you about that later. I also take Tonalin-CLA-1000 mg.-which is great for women, it keeps fats from storing especially in your fatty areas-like the belly, thighs and etc. I will send you the link to a great research on the pill. I also take a supplement called Pyruvate which is something Beachbody has but they call it the Slimming Formula I think. It is basically this same supplement but I went to the health food store to purchase it because it is cheaper and I know that there is pure ingredients in the supplement and not a lot of added stuff.
Along with my multi-vitamin made especially for women after 30. I know it sounds like a lot but I don't mind it.
Lastly, I love my whey protein shakes. I discovered the shakes after reading the Abs Diet book. I would normally take the shake in the morning after working out and add liquid flax-seed oil and whatever ingredients I like. I am a chocolate lover, so I have the chocolate formula and I use the 1% milk or water. Yesterday, I added peanut butter because of it's protein capabilities but it is a taste that I now have to acquire. I love Reese's Peanut Butter Cups so I thought that it would just take like one. I was a little sick for a minute but it finally wore off. It is diffently a cleanser yet, it keeps you filled until the next meal. I notice more weight loss when I have 2 shakes a day and then a meal plus the snacks. It is recommended that we should eat 3 meal plus snacks to help make it thru the day.
I just thrive on high-protein meals and keep a great fiber intake and lots, lots, lots of water. I quit drinking soda "Coke" was my weakness and just stick with my water now. I still drink coffee here and there.
I also eat a lot of salads and I make them before I go to work, so I do not get the urge to go the fast food place to grab something. I only eat whole wheat, or 100% wheat breads. I have not eaten white bread for a while now.

Well, I hope I helped a little bit. I will forward you the shake recipes if you like. Also, I did purchase the whey protein from the health food store also.

Also, I think it is just a matter of me, adding a variety to my workouts. I love Turbo Jam but I also need more. I do run/powerwalk on the treadmill at the gym 5 days a week trying to do 6. I do weight train. I want quicker results too but, consistency is the key for me.

If any else would like the shake recipes from the abs diet, let me know.
Tracy
Old 07-05-2006, 02:57 PM   #67  

Hey everyone, got my other TJ's video-and I am so happy, I can not wait to get home and try them out. I love doing the bands already with the Booty Scuplt and now I have more I can work out to. The only, I thought was weird, now I have two Live Booty Sculpt and Abs video's. The first set I ordered from QVC. I want to the rotation that is listed on the Beachbody forum. Has anyone tried it.
Tracy

Last edited by sigma3; 07-05-2006 at 10:55 PM.
Old 07-05-2006, 05:06 PM   #68  

I walked about 2 miles yesterday, passing out candies to the kiddies! It was fun, but my face was a little burned. Muahaha. Anywho...I came home, took a nap, and did my 20-minute, TS, and Booty Sculpt + Abs!

sigma3 - Which Nike Shox shoes did you get? I went to the Nike website and there were so many of them! I want to wear shoes on my carpet while working out, but my shoes are just too heavy! I want a nice, light one....plus I haven't gotten a new pair of shoes in like...A YEAR!!!
Hamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 10:24 PM   #69  

Hamster, I recommend the Ballo's - they have the smooth front top so you can pivot on carpet. I really like them. Some people have problems with the support but it isn't too bad for me and I usually wear orthodics. Course, I am only wearing them to workout. They are also very lightweight.

Rachelle
RachelleS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 11:59 PM   #70  
No More Excuses

S/C/G: 220/203/160

Hamster ~~ I agree with Rachelle regarding the Shox Ballo's *Hi there, Rachelle*. They're great for working out on carpet, they're extremely light and they offer really good support.

Sigma3 ~~ Thanks for the info. I almost purchased the whey protein from BB, but then changed my mind at the last minute. I'll see what Wally World and GNC have to offer before I make a decision. I'll also look into the other supplements. I am currently not taking any supplements, including multi-vitamins...this is probably why I get tired occasionally.

The only rotation that I've completed is the one someone posted here during a 10-day challenge...rotating CP x 2 days, Turbo Sculpt x 1 day. I think it was too much for me too soon, 'cause I started feeling sick. So I pretty much just stick to alternating every other day between a hard/long workout and a shorter/lighter one. Hopefully, after I lose a few more pounds, I'll be able to follow one of the posted rotations.

BTW, I've never heard of the Abs Diet. How did this one get past me? (LOL) I'll google it to see what I find. Thanks, again for everything.

Goodnight ladies.
bbobsgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 12:39 AM   #71  

I could not wait to the do the CP 2. I love it.....
After the 10 day challenge I want to start the Advanced RIP You Up Rotation from the TJ Rotation. I am so excited about finding my real body.
Does any realize how the DVD's are becoming subliminal. I was in my office at work and just keep saying-" zig zag knee, pump it girl"
See ya in the morning, got to go the gym and run......
Hamster- the Nikes I purchased from Lady Footlocker was the Shox Ballo, they were on sale this week.
Old 07-06-2006, 03:30 AM   #72  

You guys are AWESOME!!! Who couldn't feel motivated to get off the couch after reading our posts?!
I played outside with my 4 year old today & had my folks over for supper so no TJ for me..... Hopefully the outside activities did something!
My food intake has been great!
I'll be doing my measurements later~couldn't get back to sleep so here I am....I hope to see something!!!
Keep jammin ladies!!!
Old 07-06-2006, 06:52 AM   #73  

My results are~
5.8 lbs. gone!!!!!
1 1/4" gone!!!
In 20 days of TJ kickstarts I have lost 10" & lost 5.4 lbs.!!!
How's everyone's results?
Old 07-06-2006, 06:53 AM   #74  

waiting to charge up ipod then off to the gym. Gotta do it.
Have great workout ladies.
Tracy
Old 07-06-2006, 08:52 AM   #75  

i lost zero pounds and zero inches!!!!!! BUMMER!!!!!
i am not sure what i did wrong.... yes, granted, i did not exercise for two full days but shouldn't i have seen at least some improvement?
i am not looking to lose a lot of weight. just want to firm up, tone and tighten.
so sad.....
Mom2Seany is offline   Reply With Quote