Old 05-04-2006, 09:02 AM   #1  

Default WATP as a Mother's Day present?

I accidentally posted this in the excercise forum but I think it would be better suited for this forum. I'm trying to think of good Mother's Day present for a mom who is really hard to buy for. She's in pretty good shape but about 15-20 pounds more than she'd like to be. She has had knee and neck surgery in the past and so she can't do workouts such as Curves or work out with weights for very long. She does like to walk however but I know in the winter she doesn't walk very much do to the cold. I've never personally seen WATP so I wasn't sure if this would be a good gift or not and which tapes would be good for her. I was thinking a 1 and 2 mile tape. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!
mayday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 09:58 AM   #2  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

There is a WATP tape for "older adults" that you might want to look into! Go to

http://www.lesliesansone.com/store/cat-beginner.html

There are some she might like!
Cassie501107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 10:21 AM   #3  

That's a great idea! I've been telling my mom to buy the oldies WATP so she doesn't feel overwhelmed~never thought about it as a gift!
2CMEAGAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 02:46 PM   #4  
Embracing My New Normal

S/C/G: 248/226/135

Here's another perspective:

Unless I'd specifically hinted around about exercise DVDs or equipment, I think I'd be hurt if someone gave me an exercise DVD. Especially if the giver hasn't ever even used it, and so isn't really sharing her enthusiasm about it. I'd never say anything, except to be gracious and say "Thank you", but inside I know I'd be hurt. It would be as if the person said, "Here ya go, Lardbutt, get moving -- Happy Mother's Day!"

I'm sure, as a devoted daughter/son, that wouldn't be your intention, but that's what I'd hear.

So, unless you're totally sure of how the gift will be accepted, you may want to think twice about offering an item which could be interpreted as saying, "I love you, but man, oh, man, are you ever fat!".

Of course, I could be way off base. It's been known to happen .
Less of Lena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 10:29 PM   #5  
Workin' My *** Off!

Height: 5'1"

I want to get one of the dvd's....never done any before....which one would you reccommend??? My mom and I want to do this together!
Canadian_Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 07:05 PM   #6  
It's up to me this time!

Height: 5'3

I agree with Lena, unless I specifically hinted that I wanted a workout video, I would be pretty hurt if someone gave me one for a present. Maybe you could buy one for yourself (i'm not sure if you need one, just assuming) and talk about it, tell her how great it is and see what she says.

Jeanette
jcogs is offline   Reply With Quote