Old 02-21-2006, 08:13 AM   #1  

Smile Tai-bo, Billy Blanks...

I purchased Tai bo, Billy Blanks, Saturday. And I am unable to complete the workout. Lastnight I did about 15 minutes of the Ab Workout, and then did my WATP--4mile. I was exhausted... But in a good way. I am going to keep trying until I am able to complete his workout.

chiarij
chiarij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 08:22 AM   #2  

Default Good-4-U

I struggled with tae-bo at the beginning, however the more u do it the better you will get at it. I started off at 15 min, then 30min, then i worked my way up to doing an hour. I still struggle with some of the techniques, however I still continue to work hard at it.. Continued success and keep it up....Go girl!!
Weigh-to-Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 09:51 AM   #3  

Thumbs up Billy Blanks

Thanks Weigh-to-go, I needed to hear that someone else struggled at first not just me...I think Billy Blanks workouts are excellent...I just have to keep trying.

How many times a week do you use his workouts? Do you use other workout videos?

Chiarij
chiarij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 03:01 PM   #4  
Determined

Don't worry, I think everyone struggles with tae bo at first. It is quite a workout! This is my second time to lose this weight and the first time I waited until I was already pretty fit and in the 160's and it was still a struggle at first. But it is such a fun workout, and it doesn't get old.
happydaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 04:09 PM   #5  

Height: 5'9

Oh, Tae Bo kicked my *** when I first started my weight-loss!!! My face would turn bright red, the sweat would POUR off of me and I'd get a nasty headached. I could never finish it. I ended up giving it to a friend of mine because I got so frustrated. But, don't give up!!! In the end, I asked for it back and worked on it again and now I LOVE Billie Blanks!! LOL I have even bought more Tae Bo. It's so worth it. You can have the worst day ever, come home and work out using Tae Bo and you will just feel fantastic. I feel like such a dork, but Billie Blanks just totally motivates me and makes me feel fantastic!! Stick with it baby!
cemetarysiren25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 06:33 PM   #6  
Have U had your WATER yet

S/C/G: 172 / 159 / 145

Height: 5 '1.5"

Talking

Just hang in there. It also kicked my butt at first. I did the boot camp and the the next couple of days I was sore. But it is well worth it. If you go to his website he has a rotation calender of when to do the tapes. I personally do them every other day. The results are great. You loose inches and get your curves.I do pilates the days I don't do tae bo cuase I think it helps with the workouts. So keep diong them and good luck to you.
jelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 07:24 PM   #7  

I do tai-fit and Im not sure how much alike they are but my first couple of day I could only do about 15/20 minutes its been a month and I can now do the whole 35 minute work out.

Good Luck
HollizleMyNizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 10:40 AM   #8  

Hmmmm....I was thinking about getting Tae-bo.......please any suggestions would be welcome...........I am on a 6 week medical rest...but I think I need more then my my treadclimber and curves....Tae Bo is something I have wanted to do for a long time but always thought I was to fat!!!lol.....now that i have lost alot of weight and my extra belly fat and skin I am ready to kick some butt with Billie....so is it worth it? and their seems to be so many to chose from now
nicnacmd7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 06:18 PM   #9  

Taebo is definitely worth it. The results can be amazing. There are a lot to choose from. I suggest maybe getting 1-2 through netflix or your library then you can decide from there. Taebo is challenging but worth all of the effort.
72butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 11:26 PM   #10  
Have U had your WATER yet

S/C/G: 172 / 159 / 145

Height: 5 '1.5"

Yes it is worth every minute of it. I have only tryed the bootcamp ones. But you could go at your own pace if you wanna. I did at first. There are diferent ones out there. Just do your research and you'll find one that fits you.
jelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 11:57 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 227/ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

they are worth it... and addicting. I do them almost everyday, tho after having to take 2 weeks off because of a pulled muscle I can't get trhough more than 30 min now. I'm having to start all over! I like Bootcamp series, and the Fatblaster series. I did one for amonth, and when it quit making me sweat so much and got too boring, i changed it up. Now I'm sore again.

Try it, you'll like it!

Vanessa
Grumbleworts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 12:01 PM   #12  
~*Dreams Can Come True*~

S/C/G: 238/240/130

Height: 5'4

hey everyone! don't feel bad that you cant finish the dvd! my sister that weighs 135 can only do 15 minutes, and she is dripping sweat!!!
jen1121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 12:58 PM   #13  

I believe the first Tae-Bo workout I did was one I rented from Netflix--Tae-bo Cardio Circuit 1. It was about a 50-55 minute workout as I recall and REALLY tough. I couldn't keep up with the whole thing but did most. Then I found another one called just Tae-bo: Cardio. That one is more lik 40-45 minutes and a bit less intense. I have been able to get through that from the day I bought it, but it still sometimes feel like I'm going to die before the workout is over and am always SOOOO glad to hear the music slowdown and the cooldown start. Gives me such a proud sense of achievement every time that I made it through.

I can't imagine doing Tae-bo more than once a week, personally. Then again, I am 53 and my knees aren't in the best shape anymore. All that squatting and kicking is rough on the knees for someone like me. I do love kickboxing though, and probably do 1 and sometimes 2 kickboxing workouts a week--but I tend to do ones that are less intense than Tae-bo.
SheriaVa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 09:44 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 168/168/140

I'm using Billy's Bootcamp and believe me it's hard, but it works. I can definitely tell the difference after just using it the first week.
neicy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 10:31 AM   #15  

Height: 5'9

I started with Tae Bo Cardio. I really got good at that one, so I bought the Fatblasting Series. This past weekend, I went out and bought the Bootcamp series with the "Billy Bands". I tried the Fat Blasting Cardio video with the bands and it kicked my ***! I could finish the video with out the bands, but WITH the bands it was even more difficult!
It's totally worth it though! I haven't lost anymore weight, but I'm getting really toned. I totally notice a difference in the way my pants fit and everything is tightening up!
cemetarysiren25 is offline   Reply With Quote