3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Fitness Videos (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fitness-videos-178/)
-   -   Favorite kick-boxing dvd (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fitness-videos/70275-favorite-kick-boxing-dvd.html)

layners7 12-14-2005 01:07 PM

Favorite kick-boxing dvd

What is your favorite kickboxing dvd? I have looked at amazon at tae-bo and Kathy Smith's Kickboxing Work out. I think I will buy the Tae bo, but has anyone tried the other video?

DancingAngel 12-14-2005 01:38 PM

I have and enjoy Kathy's workout! She has an expert to assist her, so you get a lot of good pointers on form. It's a good solid workout, gets the heartrate up, is easy to follow along with and is good fun too. I would recommend it.

layners7 12-14-2005 03:10 PM

Good...I think I will order it. :)

kittiebabyh 12-15-2005 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DancingAngel
I have and enjoy Kathy's workout! She has an expert to assist her, so you get a lot of good pointers on form. It's a good solid workout, gets the heartrate up, is easy to follow along with and is good fun too. I would recommend it.

wow! what a great weight loss. How did you lose 190 pounds. That's great!

fikustrees 12-15-2005 01:29 PM

I second the Kathy Smith video, it is really great and she teaches you how to do everything SAFELY!

JigglyBits 12-15-2005 03:19 PM

I personally use Ultimate body - Beginning Workouts for Weight Loss DVD, has a 30 minute kickboxing workout, 28 minutes of bootcamp, 30 mins of weights workout and each one comes with abs workouts. There is an advanced one called Ultimate Body - Challenging Workouts for Weight Loss which is a little harder than the beginners one :)

Firmgirl 12-15-2005 07:37 PM

Has anybody tried one with Kimberly spreen? She was excellen in the Kickbutt series, and I know she has a few kickboxing workouts out, but I have not tried them as I wanted reviews first. I really liked the way she explained the movement and what we wer to do in the workouts she did for Kickbutt, ut since these were not under her direction, I wondered how she was on other workouts.

layners7 12-16-2005 10:14 AM

Where did you purchase your Ulitmate body dvd from? Does Target or Walmart Carry it?

LanMyers 01-30-2006 12:15 PM

Hey there, I know this is an old post, but I absolutely love Jani Saffell Kickboxing videos. I have the Quik Fix Cardio Kick of hers, and I think I may buy a few of her others... she is awesome!

RainbowBrite 02-10-2006 03:34 PM

Love Kathy Smith

I would say ditto to the Kathy Smith Cardio kickboxing tape, it's an awesome workout and it really gets my heartrate up. I also am a huge fan of Quick Fix Cardio Kick. It consists of 3, 10 minute workouts.

iowasteph2 02-13-2006 08:53 PM

I also like Kathy Smith. I have Tae Bo also, and I think his counting for the number of reps and such is horrible! It's fun though!

Valerie Joy 02-13-2006 10:27 PM

I love the Tae Bo DVD's. I find Billy Blank's really motivating!

DancingAngel 02-14-2006 01:05 PM

Quick Fix has a new one with Keli Roberts. She is the BEST instructor -- she was a guest on Kathy's video. It is 50 minutes broken into 5 10-minute segments, so you can do any or all. Two of the segments are cardio and the other three are toning emphasis, upper body, lower and core. An EXCELLENT buy!

SheriaVa 02-17-2006 09:56 PM

I have become a huge fan of kickboxing in the past year. I own Tae-Bo Cardio, Janis Saffel's Kickbox Strikezone, Keli Roberts' Kickbox Bootcamp (part of the 10-Minute Solution series) and also have short kickboxing workouts on other DVDs such as Quickfix Total Mix and 10-Minute Solution. I've also rented Hardcore Kickbox Circuit by Janis Saffel and her husband, Guillermo Gomez, and Tae-Bo Cardio Circuit 1.

Of all of those, my favorite is Keli's Kickbox Bootcamp, though Kickbox Strikezone is moving up (just wish it didn't have QUITE so much kicking as I prefer punching with a little kicking) and my least favorite is probably Hardcore Kickbox Circuit...but that's not so much because the workout itself is so bad, but because the production values are low.