Old 12-11-2005, 07:35 PM   #1  

Arrow Need a beginner video for my mom

Hello,

My mom would really like to get into exercising at home but is unsure of videos that would suit her. She would like to try a beginner kickboxing or something low impact for now. Does anyone have any suggestions? I would like to buy these for her for Christmas, she would be estatic because she is working really hard to get healthy. Any suggestions would be helpful..thanks and have a happy holiday!
layners7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 09:18 PM   #2  

She might like Leslie Sansone's Walk away the Pounds. She has an entire series that can she can work with from a one mile all the way to a walk/jog.
Universityprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 09:38 PM   #3  

I would try Denise Austin out. I did her show and then shows when she added Fit and Lite. I taped them and did them later in the morning or evening. She has kickboxing, step, regular aerobics with a little yoga and stretching and weights. I have some of her workouts but I can't remember which ones - I liked the tv shows because it never bored me - each day was different. Some find her annoying but I was able to block that part out - it never bothered me.

Yeah for your mom to want to workout!

Rachelle
RachelleS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 09:59 PM   #4  
Pink Lady Pinky

Also The Biggest Loser DVD work-out is a good fun one
pinkyakabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 10:49 PM   #5  

Thanks guys...I will definately look into all of them! I appreciate your help so much.
Old 12-12-2005, 12:55 AM   #6  

I would also recommend walk away the pounds dvd. The one mile walk would be a good starting place.
Valerie Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 01:46 AM   #7  

Here's another vote for Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds. It is all low impact and the moves are very basic. Just a note, Leslie can be a bit chatty -- sometimes that bothers people but I find her very motivating.
WazzuGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 04:49 PM   #8  

George Foreman has a Walk and Box series. It is definitely a beginner level, with a class full of all shapes and sizes (and ages, too, if I recall correctly). George kind of hangs out while a professional trainer instructs, and it really is a fun and feel-good workout. It has some of the boxing moves incorporated into the walking. There are several different DVDs and even an infomercial set, I believe. Check it out!
DancingAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 07:50 PM   #9  
Empress/Queen

I swear by Leslie Sansone (Walk Away the Pound, etc., etc.) ... those were the only vids that motivated me when I started to lose weight. I used to have a massive collection ... I do believe she has a kickboxing one. I'd suggested (if it's ok to post this) looking on "www.collagevideo.com" or getting their catalog (if you have time). They have reviews on all the most popular vids ... you can then buy 'em at your local Wally World or wherever if you don't want to buy online and wait for shipping.

Denise Austin once had a kickboxing vid out ... I had it and liked it a lot ... she's not everyone's cup o' tea, but I like her.
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 08:50 AM   #10  
one leg press at a time

I would recommend Fitprimes. There are 6 total and sold either 2 in a set or in the 6 pack. THese are all very lo impact and gentle on the knees. They are fusion fitness, so weights, cardio, yoga, and pilates are incorproated in each of the owrkouts with different sequencing and time limits. These ship out really quickly too. You can click onm the links below to see previews of each workout. Since you mentioned Kickboxing, I would go with the Lean (mostly cardio) and Pump (mostly weights) set. By having the crosstrainers, the muscles have a chance to rest inbetween workouts. Also, these are designed so you can grow from beginner to advanced levels, so you never really outgrow them.

Lean info- http://www.whfn.com/lean.php
Pump info- http://www.whfn.com/pump.php

Metaboost- http://www.whfn.com/metaboost.php
Flexposture- http://www.whfn.com/flexposture.php
Upper Body Burn- http://www.whfn.com/upperbody.php
Lower Body Burn- http://www.whfn.com/lowerbody.php
Firmgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 04:42 PM   #11  

Thank you guys for all of your help...I ordered Leslie Sansone - Walk the Walk 3-DVD Set (Miracle Mile / Two Mile Walk / Weight Loss Walk 4 Miles)
and Kathy Smith Kickboxing for now...I am looking into some other ones.