Old 08-11-2005, 01:44 PM   #16  

I just got a belly dance workout because I wanted something new and fun. I'm not very good at it so it was kind of discouraging. I'm assuming the more I do it, the better I'll get right? Is a video good enough to teach me good basics of belly dancing? There were a few moves where they stuck their rib cages way out. Mine don't do that I do have a little bit of dance experience but the moves just seem really awkward right now.
lollypopkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 01:54 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

I can let you know a little more about what to expect, if you let me know which video you have. Be specific-there are a lot of videos often put out by the same instructor or dancer.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 03:13 PM   #18  

You must check out Cathe Fredrich, www.cathe.com. She has two or three new beginner/intermediate tapes being released. She has a wide variety of tape selections, high/low, kickboxing and step and many many many weight workouts. I have tried lots of different exercise videos ( I have over 100 video's in my collection) and she is by far the best. She is just entering the new exerciser market and I know that she will do well.
cybersis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 04:14 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Yes, Cathe up until now has been notorious for the intermediate to advanced exercisers.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 01:42 PM   #20  
one leg press at a time

I highly recommend The Firm (especially the out of print tapes, usually found at the library/ebay/or forum swaps) and also I love the Fitprime/Kickbutt series.
Find out more by going here to see clips of the workouts. http://www.whfn.com/index.php?
They are fusion fitness, incorporating weights, cardio, yoga, pilates and all have core trainign moves and can go from beginner to advanced levels.
all of the leads are great as is the music- definitely not the typical workout.
Firmgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 12:08 PM   #21  

I agree with cybersis, I love Cathe Fredrich. Her cuing is awesome. I have just started using her dvd. I have switched from The Firm. I absolutely love the fact that her dvds are chaptered and have premixes, for times that you can not do the entire video, or if you want to mix and match. Her ab workouts are terrific. I have ordered 3 more of her dvds.
robbirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 03:56 PM   #22  

Cathe is absolutely the best in the business. I have only recently discovered her. I love the music, the sets, the people who exercise with her in the videos, her friendly professionalism and the fact that both my body and my mind get worked out! I recommend her Low Impact Step (has a toning/stability ball workout as well), Basic Step/Body Fusion, High Step Circuit and Low Max. All of these are low to moderate impact workouts, and the DVDs have the wonderful chapters and pre-mixes. Her workouts are a bit pricier than some, but WELL worth it.

I also enjoy Kari Anderson's Push workout -- a bit complex, but again, your mind as well as your body get exercised. I think I will order some more Kari workouts. I'll never be that graceful, but she makes this ugly ducking feel like a swan!
DancingAngel is offline   Reply With Quote