Old 08-24-2005, 02:22 PM   #1  

Default Have you lost weight/fat with videos?

I do go to the gym, but must admit I don't really like it. No scenery, the gym is in a basement.

I do have a few DVD's that I do enjoy, cardio, weights, and pilates. And of course evening walks

Will I see results using these with a proper diet?

Thanks
89fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 06:02 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 269/243/145

Videos can be a wonderful tool for weight loss. All of my workouts come from a video, I have small children and a tight budget so a gym membership is out of the question. I have lost 40 pounds so I would definately say they work. You just have to find something you like doing. Good luck and hope you find something that works for you.
Jen
gingerjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 06:17 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89fan
I do go to the gym, but must admit I don't really like it. No scenery, the gym is in a basement.

I do have a few DVD's that I do enjoy, cardio, weights, and pilates. And of course evening walks

Will I see results using these with a proper diet?

Thanks
You bet!!!! I only used Leslie Sansone's Walk Away The Pounds videos/DVD's. I lost a good deal of weight and felt great!!! I can't afford a gym and I like exercising at home because I can shower right away and relax or what have you when I am done. It is a good thing.
TMunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 10:12 PM   #4  

Boy do they work. I walk daily and also do Tae Bo dvd's. I think they are the best. I can't afford to pay a monthly fee if my son won't let me go. At least with working out at home, you can just pop it in and jump in the shower after you are done. Plus you don't have to pay anyone to watch your kids.
Rakkoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 10:16 PM   #5  
Getting back on track

Height: 5' 9"

Thumbs up I love Oxycise

I did Oxycise 15 minute workouts for a few months and lost a ton of fat! I was amazed at how well it works. And amazed at how easily I got out of the habit and gained it all back.

But it really worked well for me. As a matter of fact, I think I'll try it again!
icmethinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 10:32 PM   #6  

before i joined the gym i was working out at home and i have serveral tae-bo dvds and i lost weight and fat with them. but it seemed like a slow progress at first..
some1shy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 10:35 PM   #7  
Oddball

S/C/G: 185/157.4/135

I do Veena and Neena's Bellydance videos, one of Leslie Sansone's older Walkaerobics videos, and the Stability Ball for Dummies video. I like them a lot, and I do feel a big difference since I started them.
Betani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 12:23 PM   #8  

Betani, is that Dummies video you have the "Fat to Firm: Fitness Ball Workout for Dummies"? I just ordered this because it was an Editor's Pick on the Collage Video website (I got it at Overstock, though because they had it for $9.98 w/ $1.00 shipping!).

I had the ball, got it when I was doing physical therapy for my back. The video that came w/ it (Reebok pilates video) is awful, so the ball pretty much stayed in my guest bath tub (my storage area for it and my big coolers! ). However, I need to jazz up my routines becasue I'm not losing, so I wanted to add the ball and ordered this dvd. Hope I like it and it does the trick!
StraitLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 12:52 PM   #9  
Oddball

S/C/G: 185/157.4/135

That's the one The cover says Fat to Firm, but the disk itself says Stability Ball Workouts for Dummies. Looks like it just got repackaged.

Anyway, I really like it. It explains things very well. And it's good enough that if I don't have access to the DVD player, I can remember most of the exercises and do them somewhere else. At some point, I might grow out of it and need something more challenging, but right now it's perfect for my level.
Betani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 03:45 PM   #10  

Good, now I don't feel like I wasted my money. I got it really so I could learn different exercises to do on the ball at the gym and maybe while I'm watching TV (kill 2 birds w/ one stone kinda thing ). Thanks!!!
StraitLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 06:14 PM   #11  
Token Rooster? ;)

S/C/G: 185/138/~135 to maintain

Height: 5' 6"

started with videos 2 weeks ago (beforehand I was totally winging it... and realized I did some exercises - esp. weight training - in the wrong form) ~ lost about 1-2 pounds so far.

I personally don't like go to the gym at all. I like exercising alone and being able to shower immediately at home afterwards. Not to mention I can have my choice of light snacks right after (green tea, cup of yogurt, etc.).
AquaWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 07:18 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 225/225/150

Height: 5'9"

I really dislike going to the gym. I force myself to go, but it makes me feel so uncomfortable and competitive.
Dreamer85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 09:20 PM   #13  
Yee Haw!

S/C/G: 278/220/130

Height: 5'4"

Ive bought 2 Richard Simmons VHS tapes off ebay. I cant wait to get started with them.
Kamily828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 11:08 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 197/159/140

Height: 5' 4"

At a friend's suggetion, I have bought the Pilates for Dummies video. I found a new (well, new for me) Tae Bo video at the Dollar General the other day and bought that. I have Leslie's Walking video (a friend suggested that to me).

This time around, I'm going to mix things up a bit. Not have an 'all or nothing' approach to excercise. I'll have my heavier days and I'll have my toning days/strength training days.

I, too, have young kids at home (and I homeschool!), so going to the gym is not an option. Besides, the kiddos make great exercise partners!
FrugalChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 12:20 PM   #15  

Height: 5'4"

I also lost about 40 lbs and maintained that with workout videos. I think you need to constantly challenge yourself. If a workout isn't strenuous anymore, get another one that will kick your butt! I have a lot of videos, some very easy and short, others long and hard. I try to do the long and hard ones as much as possible, but the easy and short ones are good to have around for days when I just don't have the energy.
Amy8888 is offline   Reply With Quote