Old 02-09-2006, 09:58 PM   #121  

Shooting star. Everyone is different. I personally haven't gotten bored with the tao bo tapes yet. I find Billy to be very motivating.

If you don't like Tao Bo keep trying other tapes. Maybe you'd like a dancing workout with lots of fun music!
Valerie Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 10:38 AM   #122  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootingstar67
Honestly I didn't like Tae Bo. I did it for awhile and then I found it REALLY boring ..kick.ick...yawn.

I feel crazy cause everyone here loves it, but I was really disapointed. I couldn't make myself do it.

And I wasn't even breaking much of a sweat. Not that I remember anyway. I didn't believe it was burning all those calories.

I had the beginers tape of course.

If you arn't doing it to music I am not going to like it.
Are you sure it was a Taebo tape? They have music playing when they are working out. I also can't imagine NOT breaking a sweat unless you are just going through the motions and not putting anything into the workout. It's a very impowering workout when you punch your frustration and stress of the day out. And it is fast moving with high energy workout - alot of people have a hard time keeping up at the beginning but if you keep at it, even just adding a few minutes each time you do it, it will come. And according to my heart rate monitor, I do burn a lot of calories. But then I get into the workout because I like it.

Everyone is so different - not everyone is going to like the same workout and that is okay. You just need to find a workout that works for you and kickboxing just isn't it. If you find Taebo too slow and "yawn" - for sure don't try another kind of kickboxing workout because I find others even more slow moving. ie Kathy Smith's, Power Strike, Cathe. The only kickboxing workouts that I like better then Taebo is Turbo Jam.

Luckily there are so many workouts out there to try for there to be a fit for everyone. I know I have bought a lot of duds but there have been a lot of keepers too. Good luck!
RachelleS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 12:29 PM   #123  

I love TAE BO! I'm ordering the BootCamp Elite, Strength & Power Within and the Tae Bo Kicks (for kids) today! I have quite a few already, but I like to change them around...
FunMom! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 09:19 AM   #124  

Default TaeBo II: Get Ripped Advanced

Has anyone tried Taebo II: Get Ripped Advanced? I've been using the original set for awhile, and am trying to find another Billy Blanks workout that doesn't use any bands or equipment, and focuses mostly on actual kickboxing...can anyone recommend anything?
Legalese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 12:43 PM   #125  
IN between here and there

Default Where to start and then what??

If you had to pick a beginner video(s) what would it/they be? Then, what would qualify as an intermediate and advance level?
I'm interested in Tae Bo, but am not sure where to start. I'm pretty good at the beginner level (step aerobics, watp, and denise austin). I cycle 20mi too.

I look forward to all your suggestions.

5pm update: o.k., I'll try the exercise acessories. Sock it to me, list wise

Last edited by INchic; 02-16-2006 at 05:02 PM.
INchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 03:58 PM   #126  

I do Get Ripped Advanced twice a week - I love it! It is probably inter/adv level and is kickboxing with no bands.
Rozy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 02:20 PM   #127  
IN between here and there

Default Broke down and ordered it any way

O.k., I ordered the Billy Boot camp. I did a quick search and found that some of you were thinking of getting it. Did you? How do you like it? Am I going to kill myself the first time? I even got the bands.

Here's part of the summary to the dvds-This collection offers total immersion in Billy's amazing series with all three workouts--the introductory BASIC TRAINING BOOTCAMP, the gutbusting ABS BOOTCAMP, and the challenging ULTIMATE BOOTCAMP--as well as the bonus feature CARDIO BOOTCAMP LIVE, a low-carb eating plan, resistance bands, and more.

Boot camp users, I'd love your input.
INchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 05:08 PM   #128  

Let me start off by saying that the bands will hurt like crazy in the beginning - my shoulders were SCREAMING for a few weeks. But it got better and now I don't have to drop them or take breaks in the middle of sets. I LOVE Bootcamp! It has really changed my body and my arms are very muscular now (not bulky). The ab section on Ultimate BC has created a 4 pack on my upper abs- I have a baby pouch at the bottom so I don't expect that to go away for a long time. He does pushups and I still have to do them on my knees. He also does squat thrusts and I can't do those still but that is just coordination on my part I just fast forward through those. It is tough but don't let that discourage you. It is really effective!
Rozy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 08:11 PM   #129  

I have the Basic Bootcamp and Ultimate Bootcamp DVDs. I just ordered the Billy Bands and they are on the way. I have done the Basic Bootcamp about 3-4 times. It gets easier and I am not even thinking of adding the bands at least until I can make it through the whole routine. After about 40 minutes I struggle. The last 15 minutes I am praying for it to end and I start skipping exercises. I am too scared to do the Ultimate Bootcamp let alone watch it. I generally like to watch an exercise dvd before I do it. Eventually I will incorporate the bands and do the Ultimate Bootcamp because I am a Taebo freak and it changes my body in every possible way.
72butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 12:03 PM   #130  

Height: 5'9

I bought the Fat Burning series two weeks ago. I didn't have the bands yet and found the Fat Blasting Cardio to be a totally intense workout. The first time I did it, I didn't finish it! But, then I got used to it and it was great.
Then, over the weekend, I bought the Bootcamp Series that comes with the bands. I used the bands with the Fat Blasting Cardio and it seriously kicked my ***! I did not even finish the workout! I was totally exhausted!
Then, last night, I did the Basic Bootcamp for the first time. That is some grueling stuff!!
It feels so awesome to be able to do it though! I LOVE it!!
cemetarysiren25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 09:54 PM   #131  

I just tried the Tae Bo Cardio for the first time.... I have major coordination issues!! Wow! I didn't do half the moves which required moving arms and feet, as I could never get it right.... But it still felt like a workout! I hope coordination is something I can "learn." Did anyone else have similar problems starting out on Tae Bo?
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 11:58 AM   #132  
Lovin' Life!

Hi Everyone,
I'm Regina, new to this board and only about a month into my Tae Bo experience. I'm loving it! I can't believe I waited so long to try them. I've been mostly a Firm/rebounding type of girl for years now. Tae Bo makes me feel strong and powerful....Billy is so motivating!

Right now I have the Bootcamp set that I got off of QVC for a nice deal. I rotate them all or combine some of the shorter ones. I can't do all the band work yet. Ultimate Bootcamp is a killer but I love it...I've only done that one a couple times though, once with the bands and once without.

Today I only had time for Cardio Bootcamp Live...it's a fun one! I'm so glad I found this thread!
Muffin02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 07:09 PM   #133  

Well...I got the Billy Bands earlier this week. I am thinking of adding them in but I don't know when. The workouts are so challenging without them. I will most likely be ordering Cardio Circuit #2 next week and a t-shirt too. Then I will probably order the Fat Blasting series then Bootcamp Elite in the next two months. I am preparing myself for a 21 day challenge of Taebo in June.
72butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote