Old 04-28-2014, 03:02 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 245/225/120

Height: 5'4"

Default Advice about Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred?

I am about to start Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred. I have heard it produces really good results.

My question is: is it more effective if you actually do it every day, or if you take rest days? I tried the first workout once a few months ago and my muscles were just ridiculously sore afterwards, to the point where it was hard to even walk around for a few days. I know that muscles need time to rest, but I hear of a lot of people doing this workout every day so that they actually get huge results in 30 days.

But what I have been doing (that has been working very well so far) is working out and zigzagging calories. I work out every other day, and on these days I eat 1800-2000 calories. On the days in between when I don't work out, it's 1200-1400 calories.

I'm looking for results as fast as possible, so would I get these results continuing to do what I'm doing and just incorporating the 30 Day Shred into my workout days, or should I just do the 30 Day Shred every day for maximum results? Even if I did it every day, I'm thinking I would just do it 6 days a week and take one day per week as a rest day.
Crazygurl1211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 01:04 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

When I did 30DS, I would always take at least 1 rest day per week. Sometimes 2. You get really sore after the first day but I would just do my best to stretch out those sore muscles and push through. After the first week I found I could do the exercises way more easily. It's a good workout. Helped me in the past. Good luck!
abetterme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 08:10 AM   #3  
Refreshed

I averaged five days a week and that worked for me.
Durian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 03:12 PM   #4  
Getting my life back

S/C/G: 192.2/ticker/120

Height: 5'

I did it every day for the 30 days. I lost a ton of inches, weight didn't drop as much (5 lbs), but I dropped pant sizes and my arms were visibly smaller. I was really sore too, so what I did before working out was stretch out all of my body. After the work out I would stretch out everything again. Seriously helped.

I know a few people who did it 5 days, took a rest, or some that just took Saturday off. It's up to you, it's effective either way. Just calories in and calories out.
kurisitaru is offline   Reply With Quote