30 Day Shred and other workout dvds?

• Hi Everybody,

I just bought the 3DS dvd today and am hopeful that this will be what i need to kick start my weight loss/help myself begin to tone up. I've read a lot of great stuff about this online but I can't tell how much of it is advertising/hype and how much is actually real. Has anyone tried this (or any other similar dvd workouts) and had success? I would welcome any advice/information/inspiration!
  • Hi there,

I've just restarted 30DS, i only got to level 1 last time but going to get through it all this time around. I know from when I did it i noticed a change in inches rather than weight, this seems to be the case for quite a few people though some do manage to shed pounds. Some people find a small jump in the scales when the start (water retention) i'm not weighing in for a while so I can't tell you if its happening with me.

As to the 20lbs thing, nah dont think so BUT i have to say this is one of the most challenging things i have done (not done a lot to be fair) people who are very fit may not struggle with it as much as i have but it is absolutely worth every single second. You will see a change in your body I think i have only ever sen two posts from people who felt it didn't help them.
  • That's great-- I'm dieting at the same time so I'm counting on that to do the heavy lifting with the weight loss, but I want to get toned and build muscle to speed the process up as well, so it sounds like this is the right thing for me right now. I did it this morning before work and it kicked my butt pretty hard-- she's no joke! Really hoping I can will myself to stick with this for the full cycle.
  • 30DS and the follow-up "Ripped in 30" are both good programs. I've got both. If you give it 100%, they are butt kickers and you will see results if you combine them with proper eating.
  • It will work! I'm on day 4 and already an inch down on my belly, my bum seems to expand and contract though! You will notice you pick up strength quite quickly, it kills me, I still have to take breaks, push ups and jumping jacks (and everything else) are really hard for me but I'm working on trying to improve a bit everyday. I'm using a mixture of weights as to be honest 5lbs just aint going to happen!
  • Day 5 of Ripped in 30 for me and I have already noticed inches gone from my "muffin top". Feel fantastic too!