December Leslie Sansone Walk at Home

You're on Page 5 of 9
Go to
  • 3mi party songs. I got new shoes........Sketchers Night Owls........I love them. Anyone else have shoes that they love?
  • 2mi heart healthy walk. It's part of the 7 day Calorie Blast that was rereleased a couple years ago. There are 7 workouts on one dvd.
  • Quote: 3mi party songs. I got new shoes........Sketchers Night Owls........I love them. Anyone else have shoes that they love?
    Oh how fun! I'm like you I get excited about little things like that. I've had my New Balances since August and they are holding up well, but I was wondering how I would know if I needed to replace them because they have logged many miles by now. They still feel good though.

I am going to get some new exercise clothes, whenever I get to Target next. The exercise pants I bought back in July are really big now! (I can't BELIEVE that). They are just Target exercise pants, I guess called Yoga pants. Apparently in the 23 years in which I never exercised they came out with a lot of soft, fun, high-tech exercise clothes. I will probably purchase smaller bra and shirt too for exercising! TMI, sorry.
  • Quote:
    The exercise pants I bought back in July are really big now! (I can't BELIEVE that).
    Oh, that's so wonderful.
  • 3mi party songs. New shoes are wonderful.
  • Four miles of the five mile burn fat DVD. DH did it with me, second time in as many months! He was having a lot of trouble, like with moving arms and legs at the same time, it was a little distracting but glad he did it. Said he would do it tomorrow. The only thing is I have started using one pound weights with most of the DVDs. So he decided he would do two pound weights. Then he found some ancient dumbbells that we had that are two pounds and he was swinging around those four pounds in each hand and I told him he was going to hurt his shoulders! After a few minutes he did put down two of them, so he finished with two lbs on each hand. I think he will be sore later. He rides his bike for exercise but only once a week but he over does that too and goes 35 miles and comes home exhausted and can barely move for days. So annoying. Oh well, he's a great guy but thinks he is still 20 when it comes to exercise.
  • Mile one and five of walk it off and tone it up.
  • Quote:
    Oh well, he's a great guy
    That's my hubby, too. He's a farmer and a veterinarian so his exercise is built right in to his job. We have an eliptical and he sometimes does that but it is so boring.
  • Day off.
  • DH and I did the 3 mile party. He liked that one the best so far. He wants to do this weird planking between workout and stretch. You get on the floor in a position for 20 seconds and each day you had 10 seconds. We'll see. I did 20 seconds but can't see doing for much longer. http://30dayfitnesschallenges.com/30...ank-challenge/.

Carol, looked at your shoes online, so cute!
  • Think I'll try that.
  • Three mile Remix! Forgot to plank since it was so early and just me, maybe after work.
  • 3mi party songs. I'm glad no one videos me. I have trouble with balance and I'm sure I look funny. Doing those leg stretches at the end is hard for me cause I feel like I'm going go fall.
  • Hey friends. I have some bad news. To make a long story short, I have ruptured 2 discs in my neck. It happened Friday afternoon. I will be having surgery probably at the end of this week. While I was at the ER having my MRI, my husband got the call that his Mother had died, so we are dealing with that, too. Also, my older son is scheduled for knee surgery on Weds. and I had planned to be his caregiver through that.

My neck has me concerned as I had a fusion of two lower levels back in the late 90s. This new injury is in the upper part of my neck and the doctor said he may have to do a fusion of my entire cervical spine, which would leave me with a stiff neck. So, I'm pretty scared and also frustrated. Won't be exercising for a long while and I worry about gaining weight on top of everything else.

So I would appreciate your prayers and I'll check in as soon as I know any more definite news.
  • Annie, prayers will be headed for you. So sorry. My school where I teach has a prayer list that is quite powerful. We just have four days of school left, but I'll add your name tomorrow.
    What a lot to deal with. Just one of those things would be a lot but you have three. This is one of those things where you have to remember you are not given more than you can handle. Which basically means you are going to be even stronger after this.

Please check in when you can and let us know how you are doing!