October 2013 - Turbo Fire & More Check-In - All types of workouts are welcome here

You're on Page 7 of 8
Go to
  • Laura- hi

Diana- what a fun bday dinner.... the pics are great! Cody is getting big and I love your sassy boots!!! I think that the strength/cardio class is the one that left me sore.

I'm starting to get things ready for a mini vacation to Kansas City. My DH and I leave on Wed and get back late Sat.

today- elip 30 min
  • Hi Everyone!

Check-In:
    KCM'S 30 MTF Start Here Cardio Sculpt and Legs Premix w/#8's
    TF Fire 45 EZ

Teacher Thank you for the compliments. What are your plans when you get to KC? Is it a pure relaxation trip? Are you taking your dogs?

Waving Hi all around! Enjoy your evening!
  • Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Short Rest from AM PM Yoga for Beginners

Have a great start to your week.
  • Hi Everyone!

Check-In:
    10 Minute Hiit Cardio w/Lindsay Brin
    10 Minute Cardio Quickie w/Jessica Smith
    KCM's 30 MTF Cardio Quick Fix (combined workouts)

Enjoy your evening
  • Hi ladies! Please excuse me from being MIA. Nursing some sort of a hip injury last week and my senior guy had multiple vet appointments for glaucoma in his left eye.

Diana - sounds like Cody is being a handful. I'm not sure the red pepper, can it hurt him? Is Cody getting enough exercise through walking with you? This may help if he's tired. We also used pennies in an empty soda can and would shake it very hard and yell no sharply when they would do something we didn't want them to repeat. My Sheldon, who is an angel now, was a psychotic pup who bit everything, mostly us. This was the only way to stop it. Our pups were also never unattended and we would keep them crated, leashed or being held until they could be trusted. Dating the foam/rug could be damgerous and I hear that you're worried. My Sidney ate glass Christmas ornaments once!!! So scary.
    Good luck
    This may sound weird but also try petting/rubbing at the scruff of his neck - it's a pressure point spot that releases endorphines and always calmed my crazy boy down - its also something mommy dogs do when they pick up their pups.

Teacher - hellooooooo!!

Tonight - TF Fire 45 ez

Finally back on track today for good - gotten so heavy
  • Diana!! Fabulous photos! You look gorgeous
  • Laura Thank you! It's good to see you. Sorry about the injury. Hope it heals quickly for you. I don't think the red pepper can hurt. It's better than him eating the foam. Noises don't seem to have a negative effect on him. I think that's because they started him off early to get used to loud noises, since he will be a hunting dog. We definitely keep him in our sights, at all times or crated. I don't trust him with anything yet. Nothing like an old dog. Are they going to be able to do anything for the glaucoma? Good job on your workout!

Teacher Hi
  • Diana- the trip is for relaxation. My DH works so much and missed the Disney trip this summer so we decided to get away for a few days. No dogs- they'll stay with my parents. We'll probably look around, shop, and eat too much.

Laura- ouch, I hope the hip heals quickly. Your poor puppy. How many dogs do you have? I can't remember.

today- no formal workout... but I cleaned the house

Last night I added on: Gentle Wake Up from AM PM Yoga for Beginners

Enjoy your day!
  • Hi ladies!!!

I'm busy packing and running errands today. Off to KC tomorrow. I'll be back to check-in Sun

today- elip 30 min
  • Hey ladies!

Diana - you're right ... The foam will be very dangerous for him to eat.

Thank you all for asking! My Wally will be on 3 eye drops for life to manage his dry eye and glaucoma - mo biggie!!!
    Hip felt awesome but there is something in Combat 60 that irritates it....weird. All other combats are fine!

Teacher - hello!!!!! I have 4 dogs

Today - Combat 60!
  • Hi Everyone!
    Check-In:
    KCM's 30 MTF Start Here Cardio Sculpt and Upper Body Weights premix w/#8's
    TF Fire 45

I went back to the Endodontist today for him to remove the medicated filling and to place the temporary filling. The gum area still feels weird. The Endodontist thought it was a good idea to continue with an antibiotic. I had to have two rounds the last time I had a root canal, too. He prescribed a stronger antibiotic that is to be taken 3 times a day. The first dosage was to be 2 capsules at one time. I started feeling ill with the last antibiotic almost immediately. I had nausea and was dizzy. I have been OK with this one, so far. I guess they are just different and affect you differently. Hopefully I don't have any negative effects. Next week I will go to my regular dentist to get it permanently filled. I asked the Dr. why they didn't replace the whole crown. (not that I want to spend that extra money) He said it would destroy the tooth. So that's the reason. They drill a hole through the crown to do a root canal and then permanently fill it back in.

Teacher Have a great time!

Laura I always get upper body/back DOMS with the Combat workouts. Not sure why these workouts seem different than other punching workouts. I'm glad your hip is better.

Enjoy your evening and rest well.

Last night I added on: Twists from Rodney Yee's AM Yoga for Your Week

Have a great day!
  • Hi Everyone!

Check-In:
    Jessica Smith's 9 Minute Low Impact HIIT
    TF Fire Starter

Enjoy your evening!
  • Hey all!

Teacher - SAFE travels!!

Diana - That sounds quite painful with what you're going through with your mouth. I'm shocked that you're able to workout after dental work. Can you eat normally?

Tonight: TF Hiit 30