Old 05-08-2013, 04:41 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 270/270/180

Height: 5'10"-ish (most say I'm taller)

Talking Considering Insanity - advice?

Hi all! I've been struggling with my weight my whole life and have had failed diet after failed diet (even Ideal Protein failed for me). I'm seriously considering trying Insanity. I used to be very fit and am knowledgeable about how not to hurt myself (an issue that seems to come up often in the reviews). Any advice? Things I need to consider?
Thanks a bunch!!!
katswimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:18 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/155/maintaining

Height: 5'4"

What is your exercise level now? I know with P90X you have to pass a minimum fitness level before starting.
stella1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 06:53 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 270/270/180

Height: 5'10"-ish (most say I'm taller)

I work out a few times a week (30 min of interval training on an elliptical or 30 of spinning). Does that answer your question?
katswimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:57 PM   #4  
Train Insane

S/C/G: 191/151/135

Height: 5'8"

You can do Insanity at any level - it's just about the intensity that you can work out with. You'll take more breaks and be more winded, your form probably won't be as good, but you'll get better over time. It's hard, but it's doable. it's just about listening to your body and knowing when to stop and pushing yourself. If you look around the internet (mainly tumblr), you can find a lot of people that did Insanity as heavier people and used it to lose weight. I'm on week 3 right now and though I haven't see (hardly) any weight loss, I've lost 4.5 inches so far. Then i read this -

http://www.decidetostayfit.com/blog/...anity-work-out

so I may have a woosh. I think it's awesome and I look forward to working out every day! They keep it changing enough that it's interesting and it switches up pretty quickly so you don't get unmotivated. You can do practically anything for a minute.
glitterhairdye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:10 PM   #5  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

I've done both Insanity and P90X (P90X more than once). A minimum fitness level is recommended but NOT required. Obviously getting a physical before starting any high intensity exercise program is recommended just to ensure you don't have an underlying issue with your heart or blood pressure or anything else that might preclude doing a program like this. But anyone in good health can do either program with modifications. Insanity will kick your butt, guaranteed, and don't be discouraged if you have to modify a lot or if you have to take breaks. It will get better! In my case, the impact of Insanity was too much for my knees and I had to stop 2/3 of the way through, but I plan to do it again in the future.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote