Old 12-21-2012, 10:18 PM   #61  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone! TGIF!

What does everyone have planned for the weekend? I will do my regular stuff. I won't do major grocery shopping, only for what we need this weekend. I will stay far, far away from the mall. I had to make the final company deposits today and got stuck in traffic for an hour! The bank is by the mall and I didn't think there would be a problem today.

Check-In: Les Mills Combat Power Kata 45 w/weighted gloves

I wanted to say that I was very luke warm about the Combat workouts in the beginning. They are starting to grow on me now. Still not touching those Hiit workouts. Still don't like them and that's all I am saying about that! Using the pumped up music option along with the captions on screen have made a huge difference for me. Once I learn the workouts, I won't need to use the captions. There are a few moves that I am liking. It's the extra moves side to side where you do a "fake". I also like to do the hook close then the hook farther out. I am starting to like the feel that the workouts are more real and more powerful. I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but also you can skip through all of the warnings, etc. You cannot do this with some of the other workouts. I am still very disappointed that the 60 minute workout is 53 minutes and there is floor work at the end. I would have loved a real 60 minute cardio workout.

Santa showed up! It was the man that owns the hardware store. He had a beautiful basket delivered. It had fresh fruit, cheese, crackers, nuts, candy and a small bottle of wine. He is a real sweetheart. There have been times that he needed help with something, so he would call us. DH would go help with whatever it was. His DD does his office work. She was out having a baby, so I stepped in and helped out at the time. It's nice to be able to work together like that. So, it's good to know that "Santa" wasn't some freaky stalker.

Laura I can totally relate to being a food addict, too. DH wanted to go to a seafood and prime rib buffet tonight. This place has really good food, not typical buffet stuff. I went but ordered my regular off the menu. OMG! It was so hard! I know that I would not have been able to eat in moderation. It's TTOM and I would probably gain 4 pounds of water weight alone. I know we are going on the cruise, so I have plenty of time to eat then. But it was soooooooo hard at the time. I felt so good and proud of myself when we left though. I know that I did the right thing for me. At the time I felt like a pissy 3 year old, though. I did the Kata workout today!

Teacher The cruise is for 5 days. I don't really consider it 5 days since we leave at 4 PM on the first day and return at 8 AM on the last day. That's more than enough time for me to get into trouble, so I'm not complaining. I am planning to get to the ship early on the day we leave. I think they said we can get there as early as 11 AM. We are only 15 minutes away from the port.

Last edited by Diana3271; 12-21-2012 at 10:32 PM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:38 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 222/150/140

Height: 5' 7"

Hey Diana! We did the exact same workout I always use the gloves too for each workout! Good job at dinner with ordering off of the menu...it's SO hard! You'll have such a great time on your cruise Which islands are you visiting? Getting all packed? How nice that you can drive to the port!

Teacher - cheese is a big binge food for me so I'm REALLY trying to just not eat it at all, especially at home where we have it because hubby loves it.

Ladies, thanks for understanding and letting me vent. I'm hoping to tackle food issues for life! 155 today - a little more than I was hoping for but I must have done some REAL damage last week with 7 consecutive days of off eating. Goal is to be 150 next Sat...hoping for some water weight

Fire 55EZ today. Gotta have my Chalene fix!
TurboLaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:19 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1''

Diana- 15 min to the port.. that is so great! I've gone on 1 cruise and one of my favorite parts was walking around the ship. They're floating cities. Glad Santa was someone you knew.

I spent the morning baking my sugar cookies for the family. Tonight we'll head to my parents for a late bday celebration. We're all done shopping for gifts. I'm working on my shopping list and I'll brave the grocery store tomorrow. We have to take food Christmas Eve to the in-laws and Christmas day to my family.
teacher1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:57 PM   #64  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Check-In: Gilad's Maximum Abs w/#6 medicine ball

Laura We are going to Nassau and Freeport. I am hoping to do a dolphin swim at one of those ports. While we are on the ship, I am thinking about getting a massage, since I have never had one (for the fun of it). I had one because I was getting chiro adjustments and I was too tight. The Dr. wanted the massage therapist to work on me first. All of the clothes is piled in one area, not packet yet. It looks like we are taking too much stuff. What are your plans for Christmas?

Teacher It sounds like you had a wonderful family day planned today.
Old 12-22-2012, 10:27 PM   #65  

Hello!!!!!!!!!!

Diana - how fun! My honey and I went to Freeport once and it's fun! Beautiful water and beaches. I'M SO ENVIOUS and happy for you! Oh get a message! Treat yourself.

We have a houseful on Xmas eve...Italian family so we do the traditional massive fish dinner and my honey is a great chef. I don't eat any of it so I'll have to get a salad or something earlier in the day for myself!

Teacher - hope that your celebration was great fun!

Grateful for my sunday off - buns and arms are sore! I REALLY feel like all the kicking in Combat is shaping my butt - big time. No pun intended...

Last edited by TurboLaura; 12-23-2012 at 11:31 AM.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:04 PM   #66  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone

Check-In: Jeanette Jenkins Cardio Kickboxing w/weighted gloves

Laura Did you do anything in particular in Freeport? Enjoy the big feast. Does your family prepare vegan foods for you? Anyone else in your family vegan?
Old 12-24-2012, 11:26 AM   #67  

Hi ladies!!!!

Diana- have a super fun & safe trip!!!! I can't wait to hear all about it.

Laura- have a great family day.

Merry Christmas Eve

I'm off to the in-laws celebration & tomorrow off to my parents house.
Old 12-24-2012, 06:14 PM   #68  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

This is a quick post since I need to start packing. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas. Sending you lots of love, hugs, and blessings. See you when I get back next weekend.

Check-In:
Les Mills Combat 60 Live w/weighted gloves (cardio section only)
Les Mills Combat 30 Live w/weighted gloves

Last edited by Diana3271; 12-24-2012 at 06:15 PM.
Old 12-25-2012, 06:55 AM   #69  
Trying to live below 200

Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday

I hope you have a great week!

It's hard to believe the day is already here.

Bon Voyage!

See you when I get back!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lniVTjzoag
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Po4HIDlb0NU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkfUrWUgPe4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPCjC543llU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUTf5qvS0Lo

Last edited by Diana3271; 12-25-2012 at 07:00 AM.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:44 AM   #70  

Diana- I know you're off having a blast.... I'm super jealous. Those videos look so nice.

Laura- did you have a good Christmas?

We went to my parents yesterday during the day and saw Les Mis last night. I was so tired and slept in late today.

today- elip 30 min
Old 12-27-2012, 10:05 AM   #71  

Hello ladies!

Diana - I bet you're having a great time in the sun

Teacher - Christmas was great, thanks! I'm super tired, too...tutoring a bit this afternoon.

Got way off with eating junk again! Today Combat 30.

Take care!
Old 12-27-2012, 02:38 PM   #72  

Laura- you stay busy Will your kids kickboxing class start back up after the holidays?

today- elip 30 min
Old 12-28-2012, 05:30 PM   #73  

today- elip 30 min
Old 12-28-2012, 10:14 PM   #74  

Hello!!

Teacher - it's just me and you until Diana gets back from paradise

Did Combat 30 tonight and feel good. Not sure about the kickboxing class yet because I'm going to be doing an after school program and it may be for the same day. We shall see = I'd like to make it happen, though.

Good job with working out every day! Do you have an eliptical at home? I used one when we were on vacation last summer at the hotel gyms and enjoyed it.

Take care!!!!
Old 12-29-2012, 05:01 PM   #75  

Hi!!!
Laura- we have a Precor treadmill & elliptical. So with the home equipment, fitness DVDs, and ymca membership, I don't have any excuses not to workout. I'm sticking with the elip until I meet with the physical therapist on Wed.

today- elip 30 min