DDP Yoga

• Has anyone heard of this? This is the summary taken from the site:

Quote:
    DDP Yoga is not traditional yoga, it’s a hybrid workout that incorporates some traditional yoga movements and adds dynamic resistance, active breathing techniques and power movements to make for a more challenging and results oriented workout.

The main benefits are body fat loss, lean muscle growth, and improved cardio levels all without placing undue stress on the joints. A valid comparison to yoga is they both provide increased flexibility and core strengthening.
    I watched a sample video where he showed his heart rate monitor at 92, went slowly through one of the moves (about 2 minutes) and his heart rate had jumped to 126! He said the reason it went up so much (literally standing in one spot) was because of how he was was engaging all of the muscles at once.

For someone my size, low impact cardio is kind of a must because of all of the pressure on my joints - running and jumping around ends up doing more harm than good for me! But no impact cardio? Seems too good to be true. Anyone else have experience with this? A friend of mine has the dvd's so I do intend to try it but I'd love to see if it worked for anyone else!
  • I say go for it. You might like it and since you can borrow the DVDs worst case is you find out it is not for you.
  • Got the dvd's - looks really promising! It's a thirteen week program, I think I'm gonna stick with this one.
  • I hope you like it and I'll be looking forward to your thoughts.
  • Just checking to see if you tried it and your thoughts
  • Hey, thanks

Sorry for the belated update, but wow! DDP Yoga is probably the best choice I could have ever made for myself regarding what to do for exercise. After the first week, I broke through a plateau and dropped three and a half pounds - maybe that doesn't seem like a ton at my weight, but I'd been hovering around the same number for way too long! I feel great since I've started. Once you learn to engage properly, it's really easy to break a sweat practically standing still! It's amazing to get my heart pounding without killing my knees like I used to. I can already notice increased flexibility, too. In short, this program is absolutely amazing and I don't think I'll ever look back! I highly, HIGHLY suggest this to anyone like me who needs to get cardio in without the joint pressure.

Once I've lost more weight, I'm sure I'll start incorporating other types of yoga. I'm officially hooked!
  • Yay! I'm glad to hear you like it and your review too! WTG on the pounds too!!
  • I was wondering how it was going? I would like to try it and It has been a few months since you posted.