Old 09-03-2012, 02:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 247/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4

Default 30 day shred September!

I started 30 day shred today and will be doing it this month, mixed with c25k. I plan to skip the gym this month I was feeling slightly blah about it. So I hope this kin of restarts my weight loss and helps me shrink some anyone care to join and share experience thru the month?

Today wasn't awful but I have been active for 6 months unlike the last time I did shred 2 years ago, I only got 3 days into it then. This time is so so so different and I have a plan that I intend to stick to.
Thedollylala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:24 AM   #2  
Melissa

Height: 5'9''

I just finished 30DS and had amazing results! I had done it before but kind of took the easy route... this time I really focused n giving it my best everyday and it totally worked. I'm debating doing a second round or switching to Insanity but I will check in here either way.

Like you I went through a blah phase about the gym and totally love doing weights at home now. I still do my cardio at the gym for 30 minutes but I think because it is a short amount of time that I'm there it doesn't get to me.

How are you doing with week 1?
Bikini Ready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:32 AM   #3  

I took a break after day 2 I hurt something awful, but I got back
On the next day, and I'm feeling much much better about it, just finished day 6 so happy to get out of part 1 in a few days!!
Old 09-11-2012, 04:38 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 230/230/155

Height: 5'5"

Hey ladies! My friend Cayce and I will be starting 30 Day Shred today. Glad to hear it's going / went well for you. Almost at Day 10!

The last time I did 30 Day Shred I only made it to probablyyyyy day 5? I was also much lighter than I am these days, so I'm hoping to find that motivation to keep it going and do all 30.

I used to go to the gym 4-5 days a week (sometimes for cardio and a class (zumba/step/jazzersize type insanity haha) but now I have trouble finding the time / motivation I once had and the gym nearby does not host classes. We go maybe 2-3 nights a week and do the elliptical for 45 minutes or at least a 5k... but my feet kill no matter what shoes I wear (probably from the weight i'm carrying now) so I'm looking to mix it up with a different approach to getting my cardio in.

I'm hoping today to start the program and to take the time for myself to track my success weekly and to at least lose 10lbs (between this and my food plan).
k8zilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:41 PM   #5  
Melissa

Hey!

TheDolly: If you finished day 6 yesterday I assume you are now done with day 7, correct? Very close to level two! Keep it up, hopefully whatever you hurt is healed up.

K8: Did you start today after all? If so how did it go? If you keep checking in here maybe you will keep the motivation to get past day 5. I find that once I'm in a routine it is very easy to stick with it, for me it takes about 2 weeks to get that routine in place though. Which would put you in the middle of level 2. Level 3 is my favorite, so you should stick it out till at least then!

I decided to keep going with the 30DS again but am mixing up the order a bit this time so I don't get bored. I think I'll do it 6 days per week and each week I will do level 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3... we shall see how this experiment turns out! Today I did my second day of level 1 for the week and will move on to level 2 tomorrow.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:28 AM   #6  
Loving Insanity

S/C/G: 185/176/130

Height: 5'4"

Default just ordered

So excited! Just bought my copy off Amazon. I'll be starting Day 1 as soon as I get it.
Annie415sf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:25 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 185/140/115

Height: 5'0 TALL

I did it for the first time yesterday and my legs, arms and abdomen hate me now. I was supposed to do it again today but I opted for walking and 40 minutes of elliptical instead. My legs don't feel as sore so I'm looking forward to doing it tomorrow.
Nayshal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:22 AM   #8  
Melissa

I got the flu last week so put exercising on the back burner for a few days. I restarted yesterday and hopefully will not have any other distractions.

Annie: Did you get your copy yet?

Nayshal: I was REALLY sore too when I first started, even now I still get a little sore but I can work through it. Your muscles will adapt in no time and you will be able to do back to back workouts. Are you doing day 2 today then?
Old 09-18-2012, 10:27 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 185/140/115

Height: 5'0 TALL

No, I think I'm coming down with something. I was supposed to do it after my 3 mi WATP but now I just don't feel well
Nayshal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:25 PM   #10  
Loving Insanity

Default day 1 level 1

I got it today Melissa! Just finished it. My weak points are the pushups and the ab work. Cardio is fine. Ugh still sore from running a 10k on Sunday with no training. Like hurts-to-walk sore lol.

I took some "before" photos. Will post them in 30 days with "after" photos. At 185lbs now...size 16. Hoping to go down at least to a 14! I can't live in this body anymore it's weighing me down.
Old 09-19-2012, 06:48 AM   #11  

Oh my goodness I totally have not been posting, so I left my shred DVD at my fiancés 5 hour away over a week ago and had to have him mail it too me so I'm actually starting part 2 today, so happy to be on te next phase

K8: Good luck with starting I know what you mean the farthest I've gotten with shred was probably 4th or 5th day

Bikini: yes I was suppose to start but like I wrote above I was forgetful and my fiancé who's stationed a lil bit away had to mail it to me, I hope your experiment worked for you, I may do that in a few months when I need to do a work out like this again

Annie: awesome you ordered and received it!! It depends day to day what
bothers me with the work out, I found after day 3 I was in pain but I took a day then jumped right back in

Nayshal: I hope you begin to feel better soon!!!
Old 09-19-2012, 09:46 AM   #12  
Melissa

Hello everyone! I did my workouts Monday and Tuesday (level 1) today and tomorrow are level 2. I think I mentioned the funny way I am doing the program this time. I'm excited to do level 2 today, I would get bored of the same level for 10 days strait so this mixing it up is fun so far.

Nayshal: Hopefully you make a quick recovery! When I got the flu last week I was hoping it was only a 24 hour thing but I was useless for almost five days, ugh no fun! This time of year is always annoying with illness' making their rounds.

Annie: Yay you got it! Being sore is totally normal (at least for me) adding running to it I have been through the can hardly walk days too, keep it up and there will be less and less of those as you get stronger. I have progress pics from the first round of 30DS, I'll take more after this round and we can see our progress! I think your goal to get to a 14 is reasonable if you stay on your game

Dolly: Glad you got your DVD back, good luck through level 2 today! Did you find level 1 to be easier or harder than the last time you did the program?
Old 09-19-2012, 08:02 PM   #13  

Bikini: the first two days of level 1 sucked always everytime lol. I can tell my body is sore from level 2 today but I enjoyed the work out I found it fun but challenging, let me know how your results are from doing two days at a time
Old 09-21-2012, 02:32 AM   #14  
Loving Insanity

Default post of shame!

Didn't do shred yesterday or today. Eek! Tmrw for sure.
Old 09-21-2012, 04:37 PM   #15  
Loving Insanity

Ok got my Shred on today before work. DAY 2 LEVEL 1.

Also made my lunch: blanched broccoli and rice with a few strips of baked chicken. Put some TJ thai curry sauce on top. And a popcorn bag for a snack.

Did you shred tonight?