30 Day Shred in August anyone?

You're on Page 2 of 4
Go to
  • caramelkitty

Jillian's dvd's really work. They are hard, they kick my butt, and
    I sweat a lot, and it is worth it. I plan to stick with my plan until I reach my goal weight, and once I reach goal I want to maintain with regular workouts,
    but without pushing myself as hard as I am now.
  • littlebumblebee - I completely agree!!! I am skipping it today but only because I did 1h bootcamp followed by 45 minutes of spinning.

If I could sleep until next month, I would. LOL
  • caramelkitty
    What kind of bootcamp are you doing?

I dread exercising, but after I finish my workout I feel strong and healthy.
  • Your both very dedicated!!

, I'm sure you'll get great results, looking forward to updating my measurements tomorrow. Have either of you gone up to level two, I'm doing level 1 still, I still ache the day after I've done the workout. Hoping to go up to level 2 on day 14
  • Hi there everyone!

I'm on D8 of L1 (but have been doing L2 on some days).

I started D1 @
    184 lbs
    38" Waist
    44" Hips
    16" Neck
    15" Arms

As of D8 @
    183.5 lbs
    36" Waist
    43" Hips
    14" Neck
    14" Arms
    26" Thighs (forgot to measure thighs before)

I have a photo to post for inspiration if anyone wants to see.. not sure if its a photo thread too :P
  • GemGem1
    Since I have done the 30 day shred before, I start on level 2.
    Level 2 is my favorite. And it gives me a better workout than level 3.
    And it feels like level 2 is eaiser for me than level one.
    When I did level one, my legs would ache for days.

DixieWhiskey
    Welcome!
    You are doing great, with weightloss and losing inches.
    If you like you can post your picture.
    We are here to be supportive of one another.
  • Thank you for the warm welcome, littlebumblebee!

Level 2 is tricky for me because of the walking planks but so much more enjoyable than Level 1.

I really want to post a photo but I don't have enough posts yet.
  • DixieWhiskey
    You will be able to post your pictures soon.

The last time I did 30 day shred, one of the things I liked the best, was how toned my back was. It is a good way to start the morning, even if I do seem to sweat a lot afterwards.
  • littlebumblebee Hey I'm doing an intense bootcamp at a local gym with a friend of mine once a week for an hour, followed by 45 minutes of spinning, my legs are jello when I walk out lol I really hate working out, but once it's done, I just walk around with my head up like a boss lol

GemGem I went to level 2 a few months ago and gave up mid-way, I think by day 14 I'll be proud of myself for continuing, right now it's a power struggle with my will power lol

DixieWhiskey Amazing results!!!!! Please post anything you want! Anything that can motivate us is always welcome!!! Keep pushing you're doing great so far!

---

I did L1D7 today. I'm litterally loving every minute of the workout, and I know there are great results to come, so that makes me excited!!

My fiance took a look at my stomach and said WOW some crazy things seem to be happening here!! (there's sort of 2 cute little lines along the top of where my abs should be once they decide to come out from under the fat )

I'm looking forward to level 2 and 3. At day 10, 20 and 30 I'll take pics and post them side by side once I'm done. Hopefully the results will be noticeable !!

I've been gaining some weight on this workout plan but I assume it's water retention from sore muscles so I'm brushing it off. I do feel good in my clothes so it's nothing to worry about

I took a picture right after my workout this afternoon because my arms looked like they were getting ripped.

• carmelkitty!
    Wow you look great!
    I have a new exercise outfit similar to yours, that I brought 3 sizes too small that I am looking forward to getting into, within the next couple of months.
    You are probably retaining water. When I add in weights to my exercise, the next day I have gained weight and I know it is due to water retention. And within a couple of days I lose the water weight and more weight.

I know what you mean about having jello legs after working out. After doing Jillian's dvd's my legs always feel shaky, but I keep going back for more.
  • It really does motivate to keep going!

I'm sure you'll fit in your outfits much sooner than anticipated

I just bought workout tight shorts that ill eventually work up to wear at bootcamp or yoga lol soon enough

I'm looking forward to tomorrow's workout. I'm starting level 2 Tuesday. Yay!
  • I love the 30ds! I'm currently on day 8 of level 2 (18 days total) and everyday Jillian kicks my ***! So I'd love to jump in with you all!

I really do recommend taking measurements because I have been feeling really discouraged at the numbers on the scale. I do the 30ds everyday, and alternate between running and walking 3 miles every other day. I am training for a 5k in September and I have really seen a boost in my endurance but no difference in my body. However, I do have a really hard time seeing the difference in my own before and after pics. I took measurements 15 days in and hopefully in 12 days I'll be able to post some results!

Anyway, I am hoping to finish the shred this month, take a few days rest break then start it again trying to do all the moves like Nat with slightly heavier weights. I think I might do 5 days at each level 2 times for the 30 days, just to vary things a bit more.

Not only do I have the 5k in September, but my Sister-out-Law is getting married in the California redlands in October. I would realllllllyy love to have a smashing dress and actually get myself in a bathing suit at the hotel without feeling like a washed up whale.

Good luck everyone!
  • Hey Guys!

You're all doing so much better than me, I'm still struggling with my calories, I need to really tighten up on my eating, trying to stick to less than 1300. I'm still on level 1, and although its day 12 today I havent done the workout every day. I think I'm going to do level 1 for the next 3 days in a row and then move on to level 2 by Thursday. I am doing 3 mile jogs every other day so I'm not too upset about not getting to level 2 yet.

Here are my day 10 stats:

Calves 14.5 = -0.5 inches
    Knees 16.5 = --0.5 inches
    Thighs 24'' = STAY THE SAME
    Hips 41 = -0.5 inches
    Waist 30 = -2 inches
    Chest 33 = -1 inch
    Upper arms 12'' = + 0.5 inches

So all together down 4 inches which I'm very happy with. I havent got on the scale yet, but I'll weigh myself on day 20.
  • Today I measured my waistline and I am down another inch. I have gone from a waistline of 37' down to 34"! Wahoo!

caramelkitty
    When you get in your new workout shorts, you will know that you earn them and you will feel good and look good. You are doing great. Good luck with
    level 2, that is my favorite level.

Lauracore
    Welcome!
    Wow! That is great to be training for a 5K.
    If you continue using 30 day shred, you will definitely be in a gorgeous dress for the October wedding.

GemGem1
    Congratulations for losing all of those inches. You are doing fantastic and you
    should be very proud of yourself!
  • Littlebumblebee-- I'm so impressed by your shrinking waistline! Work it!

GemGem- Wow, that sounds like awesome progress! Hang in there!

I finished my workout today and I'm feeling good. I actually realized when I checked my calendar that I'm on day 20!! Awesome! So tomorrow I'm moving on to level 3. Those V-sits in L2 are KILLING me!!! I'm happy to get away from it!